X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • drobert6
    • Feb 2003

Changes to RB-1080?

Hello...I just purchased my second RB-1080 and noticed two small differences from my first amp. The binding posts are different (clear plastic) and the amp seems to draw significantly more power on turn-on (popped a breaker!). After burn-in, both amps do sound the same.

Does anyone know of any other changes that have been made recently to this amp?

I know these differences are minor, but with the RSP-1066 pre-amp Rotel made a pretty major mid-production change (200MHz video switching) without adding a "Mark II" designation or something. Perhaps they did the same with the RB-1080?

Thanks,

Don
  • DSGCobra
    • Feb 2003

I think the clear binding posts are just a production change. When I upgraded from a 1075 to a 1095 I noticed the same thing. I also upgraded some of my Energy speakers and they also did the same, with the clear binding posts. As for drawing more current, I'm not sure on that one. I didn't pop a breaker going from the old 1075 I had to the more powerful 1095.

RSP-1098
    RMB-1095
    RDV-1080
    Energy C-9
    Energy Vertias V2.0C
    Energy C-3
    Paradigm PS-1200
    Audioquest everything.

Comment

• Kevin D
      Ultra Senior Member
      • Oct 2002

Just curious, are both amps plugged into the same cicuit and both coming on at the same time?

Kevin D.

Comment

Working...
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"