X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • boothbrave
    • Mar 2003

anyone using power conditioners?

Anyone use power conditioners with their gear ? Do you think they're overpriced or even worth it ?

I heard amps should be plugged directly to the wall instead of these pwr. conditioners. Any reason why ?

Thanks
  • Neal_C
    • Feb 2003

Some conditioners are considered to be power limiting.
    I have a Monster HTS3600 that my wife got me for Christmas. She got a local store to price match an internet store for 30% off msrp.
    I currently have my Rotel 1075 plugged into it. I don't really notice any performance difference from the amp vs when I had it plugged into the wall.
    However, tomorrow morning, an electrician is coming out to install a dedicated 20 amp outlet and a whole house surge protector. When this is done, I will plug the amp straight into the wall. I just feel much safer having it surge protected in the Monster conditioner right now until I get whole house protection.
    I will keep the Monster to plug everything else into.

Neal

Comment

• Ron Reda
      • Jan 2003

I plug my Odyssey Stratos amp into a PS Audio Ultimate Outlet which is then plugged into a PS Audio Power Port. When I first installed the Power Port by itself, I noticed immediately that the noise in the line decreased noticably which made the background seem "blacker." Then, when I got around to buying the UO, I was floored. The UO got rid of some of the high frequency hash that I had heard on some female vocal tracks, especially Norah Jones. The UO also helped to resolve some lower level details, I presume, by again lowering my system's noise floor. Not to mention that it is also a surge protector.

Was it worth the $450 I spent? Unequivocably YES!!! In fact, I'm planning on buying another UO for my Rotel 1066.

Comment

• Patrick TX
        • Jan 2003

I just installed a Panamax M5300 & a RacMax rack light last week. I am quite impressed with the units. The 5300 has a bank of delayed "high current" outlets that don't limit. They also prevent the amplifier THUMP. Very understated compared to the Monster stuff, and 20lbs versus 9. I was able to purchase the Panamax products for 60% off DIRECTLY from Panamax. Full factory warranty as well. The M5300 ran me a ridiculously silly $199, the light was $60! IF you currently own ANY Panamax product (or buy one on ebay), & it fails (they don't check them, according to the CSR), you can generate an RMA from the website & place your order. Then you have 30 days to send in your defective product (cut off AC cord only). You can order up to 3 products at 60 off right away. WOW.

My Equipment

Rotel RSP-1066
        Rotel RMB-1075
        Front - B&W CDM 9NT's
        Center - B&W CDM CNT
        Surrounds - B&W LM1's
        Subwoofer - SVS PB2+
        HDTV - Pioneer Elite Pro630HD
        DVD - Panasonic DVD-RP91K, Denon DVD-1600
        SACD Changer - Sony SCD-C222ES
        PVR Box - SA Explorer 8000
        HD Box - SA Explorer 3100HD
        Gaming - Sony PS2
        Remote - Home Theater Master MX-500
        Power Conditioner - Panamax M5300
        Rack Light - Panamax RacMax
        My Equipment

Rotel RSP-1066
        Rotel RMB-1075
        Front - B&W CDM 9NT's
        Center - B&W CDM CNT
        Surrounds - B&W LM1's
        Subwoofer - SVS PB2+
        HDTV - Pioneer Elite Pro630HD
        DVD - Panasonic DVD-RP91K, Denon DVD-1600
        SACD Changer - Sony SCD-C222ES
        PVR Box - SA Explorer 8000
        HD Box - SA Explorer 3100HD
        Gaming - Sony PS2
        Remote - Home Theater Master MX-500
        Power Conditioner - Panamax M5300
        Rack Light - Panamax RacMax

Comment

• pbarata
          • Feb 2003

I've both RSP-1066S and RMB-1075 , connected to mains power supply using a power distribution from Olson (mains RFI filter, earthline choke, transient suppressor and screened supply cable ), the Sound Fantastic (http://www.soundfantastic.co.uk/). Using Olson's I get a much better bass response. I've also connected y Philips TV, Pionner DVD player and REL Quake Subwoofer. Overall I can notice real improvements with the filtered power.
          Movies: Samsung LCD LE37A557, Rotel RSP-1066 & RMB-1075, Sony PS3, VdH D-102 Hybrid III interc, QED XT-350 & Supra Rondo 4x2,5 speaker cable, QED Qunex P75 coax, Monitor Audio Silver 5i/8i/10i speakers, REL Quake sub, QED Qunex SR-SW subwoofer cable, IXOS XHT458 HDMI, Supra LoRad, Isotek Mini Sub GII;
          Music: Rega Planar 3, Goldring 1042, Vincent PHO-8, Krell KAV-280cd, Krell KAV-400xi, B&W 703, Siltech SQ-28 Classic G5 (XLR), Siltech LS-68 Classic Mk2, Nordost Vishnu, QED Qonduit MDH6.

Comment

Working...
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"