X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DSGCobra
    • Feb 2003

Sort of O/T

I'm in the finishing stages of upgrading my system. My question is about subs. What are some of you guys running. Currently I just finished buying the new line of Energy Connoisseur C-9's, C-3's and the CC-1 center. I am still running my old sub a Paridigm PS1200. I haven't herd too many other subs, most of my friends idea of home theater still consists of a VCR.

The other day I came across the Paridigm Servo-15 on the net, the thing sounds like a monster, 450 watt amp servo actuated 15" sub. The only dealer around me has never seen one. Does anyone have any first hand knowledge about this sub or any other one I should be looking into. Any ideas would be great.
    Thank You.
    Jeff.

RSP-1098
    RMB-1095
    RDV-1080
    Energy C-9
    Energy Vertias V2.0C
    Energy C-3
    Paradigm PS-1200
    Audioquest everything.
  • Lex
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Apr 2001

Might be a question best asked in the open area of the forums, instead of limiting to Rotel.

Myself, I run a pair of Custom "Velex" subs. Based on dual 12" Shiva drivers available from Adire Audio. (click banner in lower left corner to see them) My subs kick butt, they really do. Someday I have a 4 Tempest setup planned, I already have 4 15" Adire Tempest drivers for the project. 8O

I also own an M&K (Miller and Kreisel) MX-125, great sub and a Klipsh KSW-200, an older model, a bit loose, but good for slam.

Lex

Cable Guy DVD Collection
    Doug
    "I'm out there Jerry, and I'm loving every minute of it!" - Kramer

Comment

• Foxman
      • Jan 2003

I demoed many and have owned three differant ones. The sub of choice to me is SVS found at, www.svsubwoofers.com . If you are not sure what to look for in a sub be it theirs or something else email them, their customer service is second to none.

You just can't fix stupid
      IMO

My Movies
      Bad Pics of my system

Comment

• Andrew Pratt
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Aug 2000

The paradigm Servo 15 is an awesome sub and well worth the respect it gets both on music and for HT applications. The PW2200 is a lower priced non servo model that also pounds with the big boys if budget is a concern and you wanted to look at Paradigm. That said in the US given the prices the Paradigm's go for you might get equal or better performance from one of the online vendors such as SVS or Adire. There's lots to choose from...

This website is for sale! svsubwoofers.com is your first and best source for all of the information you’re looking for. From general topics to more of what you would expect to find here, svsubwoofers.com has it all. We hope you find what you are searching for!

Adire subs...

Any of these guys will be able to build you a sub that will litterally blow your socks off

Comment

• sndtowne
          • Jan 2003

>

The Paradigm Servo 15 sub is pretty awesome for the money. I used one for some time then moved my system to a different location and went to a smaller sub (Sunfire). I stll own the Servo 15 though.

The Servo 15 has gotten many outstanding reviews and, in my opinion, readily out performs many of the competition's subs that tout 1000 watt amplifiers. The Servo 15 goes for about $1500 in the states incuding the external crossover module.

Also, as Andrew said, its little brother, the PW-2200 at $799 is a very good sub for less money. It is not servo controlled though and has a 12" woofer with a 250 watt amp.

Bruce
          Bruce

Comment

• luszer
            • Feb 2003

dsgcobra

where did you find an Energy dealer, I noticed your MA location

thanks

Comment

• DSGCobra
              • Feb 2003

Energy dealer, WURLITZER STEREO & VIDEO in Marlborough. They

RSP-1098
              RMB-1095
              RDV-1080
              Energy C-9
              Energy Vertias V2.0C
              Energy C-3
              Paradigm PS-1200
              Audioquest everything.

Comment

Working...
              Searching...Please wait.
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
              There are no results that meet this criteria.
              Search Result for "|||"