X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Jonniebravo
    • May 2005

2 15" subs or 1 15" sub ?

Wondering out load. 2 15" tempest-X subs in one enclosure with 500 watts at 8ohm's or 1 15" tempest-X sub in a single enclosure at 1000 watts.
  • Hdale85
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Jan 2006

Well....I think 500 watts might work good for 1 Tempest-X, 1000 watts would be good too but I don't think I'd run 2 with a 500 watt. So if you went 2 Tempest-X's I'd say go with the 1000 watt.

Comment

• Jonniebravo
      • May 2005

Thanks. The situation is, my sub amp is rated at 1000 watts at 4ohms and 500 watts with an 8ohm load. Right now I have a 7cu/ft sealed enclosure with one Tempest-X sub wired for 4ohms driving both voice coils. I would to build another enclosure about 14cu/ft sealed loaded with two Tempest-x subs. I only have the one Parts Express plate amp which will not operate with a 2ohm load if I wired both speakers for dual voice coils. So I thought perhaps I would get more volume with the subs at 8ohms and 500 watts. The subs have dual voice coils rated at 8ohms per coil.

Comment

• Hdale85
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Jan 2006

Hmm is there a 2ohm tempest-x? I was going to say maybe you could sell the one you have (or save it for something) and buy 2ohm versions. This would get you the 4ohm configuration you'd want.

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"