X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mark Paquette
    • Jan 2003

Finally!! And a big thank you.

Well I finally did it, I ordered my RSP-1066 / RMB-1075 combo today. Should be here by next Wednesday. After weeks of riding the fence, flip flopping between separates and various flagship receivers I decided on Rotel. Thanks to everyone who answered my questions over the past few weeks.

Come on next Wednesday!! I think I feel a sick day from work coming on :LOL:
  • Andrew Pratt
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2000

Welcome to the seperates world mark...you choose wisely

Comment

• Rock Dog
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Jan 2003

Mark! I went from a Yamaha RX-V2095 receiver. To my 1066/1095 combo. I new it would be better. BUT WOW! I was wathcing Bug's Life with the kids the other night. And it literally is like night and day. I just can't get over the difference.

And now the gear seems to be breaking in a bit. One of the biggest changes I noticed is volume. When I first got it. I had to bring it up into the 55-60 range for standard listening. I couldn't even hear anything at 30 or so. But now the average listening volume # is 45.

I am just so pleased with the stuff.

Welcome to Club ROTEL. I'll be "wishing the clock" for you as well. :T

-Thomas-

The easiest way to find something lost around the house, is to buy a replacement.

Hey You! Make sure you stop by the HTguide Off-Topic section. It's FUN!!!

-Thomas-

As long as people will accept crap, it will be financially profitable to dispense it.

Hey You! Make sure you stop by the HTguide After Midnight section. It's FUN!!!

Comment

• Danbry39
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Sep 2002

You're going to be so happy when you have your system set up and callibrated. Really, I am always amazed at the difference and just am satisfied beyond belief now. Before, I was always wondering whether I should buy this or that, but now, I'm just happy. Make sure you let us all know how it sounds.

Keith
        Keith

Comment

• Madd
          • Jan 2003

So what color did you end up with? Black or Silver?

I will say Silver!

Never argue with a fool,one may not know the difference!
          Never argue with a fool,one may not know the difference!

Comment

• Mark Paquette
            • Jan 2003

Madd,

Survey says...... Black!! The silver looks very nice, but I prefer the simple understated look of black components. Maybe I'm getting conservative in my old age.

Comment

• Rock Dog
              Moderator Emeritus
              • Jan 2003

3 Months ago, I would've gone black all the way. I did not want silver anything. Then I got a look at the Sony Grand Wega II, and since it only came in silver :M I had no choice. I wanted that GWII. Then I went looking for a HDTV tuner. Again, the 2 I was going to choose from. SILVER. :M So when it came to the ROTEL stuff, the decision was easy. Of course the I had to get a new rack, with SILVER in it. This silver thing has cost me some serious cash. :LOL:

-Thomas-

The easiest way to find something lost around the house, is to buy a replacement.

Hey You! Make sure you stop by the HTguide Off-Topic section. It's FUN!!!

-Thomas-

As long as people will accept crap, it will be financially profitable to dispense it.

Hey You! Make sure you stop by the HTguide After Midnight section. It's FUN!!!

Comment

• Lex
                Moderator Emeritus
                • Apr 2001

As I recall Dog, you had to get some cables with silver in them too. :LOL:

Congrats on the order Mark!

Lex

Cable Guy DVD Collection
                Doug
                "I'm out there Jerry, and I'm loving every minute of it!" - Kramer

Comment

Working...
                Searching...Please wait.
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                There are no results that meet this criteria.
                Search Result for "|||"