X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Foxman
    • Jan 2003

Questions abound

Let me preface these questions with this: I am about as dumb as any Rotel owner can be about this Pre/Pro. ops:

Now, whats all this talk about Base Management issue. Again I have the 1066 and a SVS sub that I am setting up tonight.

Second, I just bought this beast, is there an upgrade that I need.

Thirdly, are the upgrades easy enough for me to buy the $30.00 cable and do it myself or do I have to unplug everything and take it to the dealer? Right about now your wondering how I managed to buy this peice without knowing the answers ops: ...well I was focused on other things, like quality, sound and price.

You just can't fix stupid
    IMO

My Movies
    Bad Pics of my system
  • HowardGjr
    • Jan 2003

Good luck with your equipment.

Here is a detailed report on Bass Management. Dre J knows his stuff. For most 5.1 systems, Dre has a work around.

I haven't upgraded the firmware yet. However, it looks like its pretty easy to build the cable. The link below shows you how to build it and find the latest version of the firmware. As you'll see if you read this forum enough, Andrew Pratt makes owning Rotel gear a lot easier than it might be otherwise.

Take care and enjoy your stuff.
    Howard

Comment

• WallaceBW
      • Jan 2003

Also is that firmware provided by Andrew Pratt (from the link above) for ALL if the 1066's (200mhz models too?)

Thanks,
      Brian

Comment

• Andrew Pratt
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Aug 2000

wallace yes there's two versions of the firmware one for the ones using the 2 series hardware and one for the machines using the 1 series hardware. To tell which you own simply press and hold the mute button until your current firmware is displayed on the screen..if it starts with a 1 use the 1.48 if its a 2 then use the other one

Comment

• WallaceBW
          • Jan 2003

Who (on the forum) has the 2.xxx (latest) firmware that they can send me?... Also, I can mirror the firmware (if permissable) on my server to simplify things.

I already have the 1.48 firmware... I will be happy to host all firmware for all the products if it is sent to me. HOWEVER... If (we) decide to do this I wil open up a new thread that we can use so that I don't get the same file 10 times. I'll just keep editing the first post with my links to firmware that I have and instructions for submision if new firmware. I will then reply with a BUMP message to bump it to the top of the listing for each new firmware I recieve... I'll even store a dynamic changelog (you enter your current firmware revision and it tells you all changes to the version that you have selected) on the download page assuming the changes are provided to me.

Does this sound reasonable AP (Andrew Pratt)? Mabye even a sticky message?

Brian :T

Comment

• Andrew Pratt
            Moderator Emeritus
            • Aug 2000

There are always copies of the latest versions of both firmware's available on my website (click button below and under the menu choose Rotel)

Comment

Working...
            Searching...Please wait.
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
            There are no results that meet this criteria.
            Search Result for "|||"