X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • btrvalik
    • Jan 2003

is a rsp-1066 a rsx-1055 - amp ?

I checked to see if this has been asked before with no luck... I've got to believe that the rsp has many more features but the spec in the rotel site don't seem to prove that out....

Thanks
    Bruce
  • Andrew Pratt
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2000

no there are some subtle differences between the two hardware wise but in my system they sound extremely close when used as pre amps so they're far closer to been twins then cousins. The 1066 does have a slightly lower noise floor on paper but that's the biggest difference between them and the reason a lot of people are choosing to use 1055's as pre amps over the 1066 (since the 1055 is cheaper)

Comment

• princeoliver
      • Jan 2003

I am using a RSX972 as a pre/pro. How does it compare to the RSP976 or the RSP1066 as a pre/pro? I am using it along with a RB985 to bi-amp my Mirage OM/Msi speakers.

Comment

• Andrew Pratt
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Aug 2000

The 972 doesnt' have as many features as the 1055/1066's do but since I haven't heard one side by side I can't say for sure how close it will be to the more expensive models. If I had to guess I'd say the noise floor would be a little higher on the 972 but I'd have to look up the specs to be sure.

Comment

• btrvalik
          • Jan 2003

I should have stated it earlier but my requirements are a little more critical for audio than HT... I'm trying to come up with a setup that had minimal "stuff" in the path for audio and all the required processing for HT. It sounds like there is no significant downside the having the built in amps... I'm thinking about using a Rogue tube amp for the front channels and use the internal amps for the surrounds and the front and back centers. This will give me the ability to bypass the rsp 1055 for music and just use the Rogue.
          This could be cool....

Bruce

Comment

• Andrew Pratt
            Moderator Emeritus
            • Aug 2000

Sounds like a plan!

Comment

Working...
            Searching...Please wait.
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
            There are no results that meet this criteria.
            Search Result for "|||"