X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • suyver
    • Dec 2002

Interlinks pre/pro -> amp?

Hi all!

Just wondering, what interlinks are you using between your 1066's and your power amps? I'm going for a 1066 and a 1075 power amp in combination with KEF Cresta2 speakers. But I have no clue as to what interlinks I should use.

Any thoughts (even $0.02 worths) is appreciated

Cheers,
    Freek.

Check out my home theater!
  • Madd
    • Jan 2003

Do you mean your Audio interconnects :?:

Never argue with a fool,one may not know the difference!

Comment

• suyver
      • Dec 2002

Originally posted by Madd
      Do you mean your Audio interconnects :?:
      I guess so. It's those 5 cables from the pre/pro to the 5-channel power amplifier. I thought you were supposed to call them 'interlinks'. Apparently not...

Comment

• Madd
        • Jan 2003

Comment

• Madd
          • Jan 2003

Depends how much you want to spend is what it comes down to. I use Cardas 300B Microtwin. They make great cables and can get pretty pricie. These were recommended by my dealer who sold me my Rotel gear. These are the ones they use in the store. This is more of an entry cable from Cardas line. Hope this helps www.cardas.com

Comment

• wng
            • Dec 2002

I use Tara Labs' Prism series. They have a good reputation. But your dealer will recommend to you a good set of cables.

Comment

• Andrew Pratt
              Moderator Emeritus
              • Aug 2000

The forum favorite here are http://www.catcables.com and are what I'm using. They have a range of cables from the cheaper cooper cables to higher end silvercats...I use a mix of the two with silver on the fronts and copper for the rear and sides where the resolution isn't as critical. Erik also wrote a review of his new quantum cables that he's using to connect his 1066 which you'll find here

Comment

• fyonn
                • Nov 2002

Originally posted by suyver
                Just wondering, what interlinks are you using between your 1066's and your power amps?
                I use some nice looking but unbranded cable I picked up at maplins. a stereo pair and a 3 cable pair (one is for a composite video connection but afiak it's identically specced and it sounds alright). they cost me about £10 each I think.

I'm of the opinion that one shouldn't use really cheap stuff but that I probably couldn't tell the difference between £10 cables, £50 cables and £500 cables.

I'm going for a 1066 and a 1075 power amp in combination with KEF Cresta2 speakers.
                thats a hellishly good pre/power combo for kef cresta's isn't it? not that cresta's are bad by any means but I think the quality of the amplification is easily capable of supporting much more capable speakers. I think that when the next upgrade time comes along you might reap the benefits of perhaps moving the cresta's to the back and getting better speakers for the fronts. I wouldn't mind a meaty rotel power amp for my kef reference 1's

dave

Comment

• efarstad
                  Moderator Emeritus
                  • Jun 2001

Andrew beat me to the punch, but just follow the link he provided and you'll read all about my joys! The SuperNova's are absolutely stunning!!! :T

E

The Norwegian A/V Nut!
                  E-Cinema

The Norwegian A/V Nut!
                  E-Cinema

Comment

• suyver
                    • Dec 2002

I know that this pre/pro and power combo might be a bit too good for my KEF's, although I really like the sound of the KEF's. But, obviously, this will leave me some room to upgrade (when I go from 5.1 to 7.1 sometime this fall...)

And yes, my supplier can also suggest a suitable cable. However, I prefer to have at least a few alternatives before actually buying. Those Quantum-cable cables look very nice indeed. Worth an investication, I guess.

Thanks for all the info!
                    Cheers,
                    Freek Suyver.

Comment

Working...
                    Searching...Please wait.
                    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                    There are no results that meet this criteria.
                    Search Result for "|||"