X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • boffo
    • Oct 2005

bass issues with RSP-1572 and Oppo UDP-205

Hi, folks! I have a quick question:
    I use the Oppo's analogue outputs to feed the Multi inputs of the preamp/processor and it works great for most things. However, I find that I sometimes get far too much bass from movies in surround than I do from stereo audio. I've tweaked the M&K subwoofer, and the settings for both the Oppo and the Rotel, yet the issue remains.
    I have the speakers all set up as small, with subwoofer yet, as mentioned, when playing stereo music there's often not enough bass and a Blu-ray or 4K disc will rattle the pictures on the walls when I play that. It's quite annoying.

Any advice, please?
    Thanks in advance,
    Jim
  • Audiobliss
    • Feb 2015

Originally posted by boffo
    Hi, folks! I have a quick question:
    I use the Oppo's analogue outputs to feed the Multi inputs of the preamp/processor and it works great for most things. However, I find that I sometimes get far too much bass from movies in surround than I do from stereo audio. I've tweaked the M&K subwoofer, and the settings for both the Oppo and the Rotel, yet the issue remains.
    I have the speakers all set up as small, with subwoofer yet, as mentioned, when playing stereo music there's often not enough bass and a Blu-ray or 4K disc will rattle the pictures on the walls when I play that. It's quite annoying.

Any advice, please?
    Thanks in advance,
    Jim
    Try using the stereo out RCAs from the oppo, to a input on the preamp.
    The stereo output puts out every thing.

Comment

• boffo
      • Oct 2005

Originally posted by Audiobliss
      Try using the stereo out RCAs from the oppo, to a input on the preamp.
      The stereo output puts out every thing.
      Thanks, I'll give that a try!

Comment

• Kevin D
        Ultra Senior Member
        • Oct 2002

Even adjusting the sub setup for different sub levels for each sound field? You should be able to turn down Dolby & DTS and turn up the others. Then adjust the main sub level to you find your balance.

Kevin D.

Comment

• boffo
          • Oct 2005

Originally posted by Kevin D
          Even adjusting the sub setup for different sub levels for each sound field? You should be able to turn down Dolby & DTS and turn up the others. Then adjust the main sub level to you find your balance.

Kevin D.
          Thanks, Kevin. I'll give that a try. I did try the analogue stereo outs suggested above and it made the sound even thinner. HDMI was better.
          cheers
          Jim

Comment

• boffo
            • Oct 2005

Originally posted by Kevin D

Kevin D.
            Kevin, I've tried your suggestion and it has helped. More tweaking will be necessary but we're off to a good start. I had figured that, since I'm using 5.1 of the 7.1 analogue inputs and they supposedly bypass all processing, that there'd be no benefit in trying that. Turns out there is.
            Thanks again.
            Jim

Comment

Working...
            Searching...Please wait.
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
            There are no results that meet this criteria.
            Search Result for "|||"