X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • wwchou
    • Aug 2016

RSP-1582 not triggering subwoofer

Hello All,
    I am new to Rotel and recently purchased the RSP-1582 unit. Everything seems to be hooked up correctly and it sounds great with my older B&W towers. However, I am unable to get my subwoofer going while I am in music mode even after I connected via the Sub on the RSP-1582. I did a test with the subwoofer in the menu and the processor is sending signal to it. Wondering if anyone has the similar issue and if I have missed a setting or two?

Thanks for your help!
    --Will
  • Patrick Butler
    • Jan 2014

Hi Will,

It's not you. The RSP-1582 currently has a software bug where if you set your main speakers to "large" and your subwoofer to "max", you will not get bass from your subwoofer when listening in stereo. In order to do what you want, you'll need to set your main speakers to "small" and subwoofer to "yes". In the advanced submenu, lower the crossover point of your main speakers to something reasonable, like 40Hz. Next, when playing stereo, press the "2ch" button on your remote (located in the upper left hand side of remote.) Now the subwoofer will work for stereo music.

In about a week we will be testing software that fixes these issues.

Regards,

Patrick Butler
    B&W Group North America

Comment

• wwchou
      • Aug 2016

Thank you, Patrick. That does the trick!

Comment

• wkhanna
        Grumpy Old Super Moderator Emeritus
        • Jan 2006

thank you for your help, Patrick.
        _

Bill

Practicing Curmudgeon & Audio Snob
        ....just an "ON" switch, Please!

FinleyAudio

Comment

• DY_Austin
          • Nov 2016

Hi guys, has this been resolved now? I just purchased a 1582, updated it to the latest software, chose "Stereo" and it is operating in 2 channel only mode. No subwoofer. If I switch to other sound profiles, like Dolby Pro Logic Music, I get the sub channel. Is there any new option for listening to music in 2.1 mode? Stereo+sub?

Thanks!

Comment

• madmac
            Moderator Emeritus
            • Aug 2010

Originally posted by DY_Austin
            Hi guys, has this been resolved now? I just purchased a 1582, updated it to the latest software, chose "Stereo" and it is operating in 2 channel only mode. No subwoofer. If I switch to other sound profiles, like Dolby Pro Logic Music, I get the sub channel. Is there any new option for listening to music in 2.1 mode? Stereo+sub?

Thanks!
            The whole idea between having a sub to handle low frequencies and not having one is setting your speakers to 'small' or 'large'. Regardless of how big your main speakers are, don't be intimidated at setting them to small. Like Patrick said above, you can set the crossover frequency very low if you want your mains to play more bass.

On my Rotel, if I set all my speakers to large and indicate in the menu that 'YES'......I do have a sub, It will only send LFE (Those dedicated low freq effects found in DD and DTS soundtracks). It will NOT send ordinary LF bass to the sub when I play 2 channel stereo because there is a difference between LF and LFE.

Set your speakers to small and subwoofer to 'yes'.....choose the frequency crossover you want or that works best with your mains and when you play 2.1 channel stereo, the sub will work.
            Dan Madden :T

Comment

• Patrick Butler
              • Jan 2014

Hi DY_Austin,

Try pressing the "2ch" button on your Rotel remote.

Regards,

Patrick Butler
              B&W Group North America

Originally posted by DY_Austin

Thanks!

Comment

Working...
              Searching...Please wait.
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
              There are no results that meet this criteria.
              Search Result for "|||"