X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • justbenice
    • Nov 2013

RMB-1585 heat ?

Hi all,
    I am gonna replace my RMB-1095 with Rotel new RMB-1585 to have match with my new RB-1590, so i want to ask anyone here that own the RMB-1585, how is it heat issue? Is it hot ? I see it have 2 fan in the back so i just wonder why they have to use FAN in this power amplifier when it have only 800W power consumption.

Thank you!
  • Patrick Butler
    • Jan 2014

Hi justbenice,

We use an RMB-1585 in a cabinet with less airflow than the audio racks which you own, and have no issues with heat. If you were to place an RMB-1585 in a small, enclosed space with no airflow (an oven would be a good example), you would eventually have an issue. However, this is not your situation or ours.

Regards,

Patrick
    B&W Group North America

Originally posted by justbenice
    Hi all,
    I am gonna replace my RMB-1095 with Rotel new RMB-1585 to have match with my new RB-1590, so i want to ask anyone here that own the RMB-1585, how is it heat issue? Is it hot ? I see it have 2 fan in the back so i just wonder why they have to use FAN in this power amplifier when it have only 800W power consumption.

Thank you!

Comment

• justbenice
      • Nov 2013

Thank you Patrick Butler ! Can you compare the heating of RMB-1095 and RMB-1585 ? Which is hotter? My RMB-1095 pretty hot, hotter than RB-1590 alot.

Comment

• Patrick Butler
        • Jan 2014

While I don't have any measurements for heat generated by the RMB-1095, the RMB-1585 is a similar design in terms of architecture and power consumption. I'd expect them to be fairly similar regarding generated heat. That said, the RMB-1585 does have small fans that aid in cooling the amplifier, which might reduce the amount of heat that you feel coming out of the top, even thought the overall amount of generated heat is at the same.

For reference, we provide a BTU rating (heat) for the RB-1590 and RMB-1585.

RB-1590. 2100 BTU/h at 4ohm, 1/8th power.
        RMB-1585. 2372 BTU/h at 4ohm, 1/8th power.

As you can see, the ratings are not too divergent. Contrast that with a 250W stereo, Class D design such as the RB-1572, which produces 526 BTU/h at the same spec. That's quite a bit lower, and what you tend to see with Class D designs.

Regards,

Patrick
        B&W Group North America

Originally posted by justbenice
        Thank you Patrick Butler ! Can you compare the heating of RMB-1095 and RMB-1585 ? Which is hotter? My RMB-1095 pretty hot, hotter than RB-1590 alot.

Comment

• justbenice
          • Nov 2013

Thank you Patrick for all the help, i will call my Rotel dealer tomorrow to see if he have any RMB-1585 avaible.

Comment

Working...
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"