X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • tjm001
    • Jan 2016

Remote for Rotel RC 990BX

Hello,

First post here. I recently bought some used Rotel gear on Craig's List to power my DIY JBL L300 clones. The gear consists of a RCC 840AX CD player, the RC 990BX preamp and the RB 980BX amp. I have a RR 908 remote for the CD player but it only controls selecting the disc and track and not the volume. I do not have a remote for the preamp and its driving me nuts having to get up and turn that volume knob all the time. From what I can tell the remote originally used was the RR 909. So far I have not been able to find one of these on eBay or anywhere else.

Does anyone know if there are any other remotes that will work on this unit? Or better yet know where I can find an old RR 909 remote? Thanks.

Tom
  • wkhanna
    Grumpy Old Super Moderator Emeritus
    • Jan 2006

Welcome to HTGuide, Tom!

I think your best (read: cheaper & more effective) bet might be to go with a Logitech programmable remote.

regards,
    Bill
    _

Bill

Practicing Curmudgeon & Audio Snob
    ....just an "ON" switch, Please!

FinleyAudio

Comment

• tjm001
      • Jan 2016

Thanks Bill. Actually That's exactly what I did yesterday. I ordered a Logitech Harmony 350 from Amazon Prime at 10:00 AM and got it at around 8:00 PM last night. It works like a charm! Thanks for the response. I appreciate it.

Tom
      Originally posted by wkhanna
      Welcome to HTGuide, Tom!

I think your best (read: cheaper & more effective) bet might be to go with a Logitech programmable remote.

regards,
      Bill

Comment

• wkhanna
        Grumpy Old Super Moderator Emeritus
        • Jan 2006

glad to hear it works & you like it!
        _

Bill

Practicing Curmudgeon & Audio Snob
        ....just an "ON" switch, Please!

FinleyAudio

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"