X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bokes
    • Sep 2005

Phono stage for RA 1570?

anyone who has Rotel1570- how good is the phono stage?
    I currently have a Lehman black cube I use with AVR.
    Considering the 1570 and curious if I will need the cube.

Also how would you bypass the internal phono stage?
    Would I still connect to phono into or do I go not an AUX?
  • Audio_ElF
    • Oct 2007

If you choose to use the Lehman Black Cube it would connect to one of the Aux inputs.

There is a lot of things which will influence if the Black Cube is needed vs. the internal phono stage. I would guess the Black Cube will be superior, but the RA1570 may be good enough. At the end of the day you really need to listen with your turntable and cartridge and make your own decision.

Comment

• bokes
      • Sep 2005

Thanks.
      Is there any way to reassign source buttons?
      or change the display name?

If I send the preamp into the AUX it Would be nice if I could reassign the front PHONO button to AUX1.
      That way I can still select PHONO from the front of the unit and it will display Phono on the front lights.

Or at the very least- can I go into settings and switch AUX input to read PHONO on the display?

I know I was able to do this on the 1550.

Comment

• madmac
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Aug 2010

Originally posted by bokes
        Thanks.
        Is there any way to reassign source buttons?
        or change the display name?

If I send the preamp into the AUX it Would be nice if I could reassign the front PHONO button to AUX1.
        That way I can still select PHONO from the front of the unit and it will display Phono on the front lights.

Or at the very least- can I go into settings and switch AUX input to read PHONO on the display?

I know I was able to do this on the 1550.
        My Rotel allows me to re-assign input names on my display. You go into the menu and choose 'input' then toggle along to the input that you want to change the name of and change it. I believe that the Rotel's phono stage will perform better than your external pre-amp simply because it is tailored for the amp. Listen to both and choose the one you think sounds better.
        Dan Madden :T

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"