Could someone please help me confirm the problem?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • King_Fuzz
    • Aug 2014

Could someone please help me confirm the problem?

Hello,

So i've had an ongoing issue with my second hand RSX-1056 surround receiver. The digital board is completely kaput. I managed to get it working for a while by reheating the board although only the LCRS channels worked.

Today I bought a faulty amplifier of the same model to use as parts, I picked it up for $69 so it's no big deal if it doesn't solve my problem.
    Although upon talking to the seller, he states the pilot light above the switch turns on but he doesn't get anything on the amplifier display or any sound at all.

I was curious if it could be something as simple as a blown fuse, i'm not 100% sure. If someone could confirm the symptoms of a blown fuse in Rotel amplifiers I would be extremely grateful.

Thanks for your time,

Trent
  • srb
    • Oct 2004

There might be a slight chance the the Standby LED could light and some of the fuses still be blown as there are 5 fuses in the RSX-1056 according to the Rotel Fuse Chart.

For 120V units there is 1 X 8A Main Fuse and 4 Power Supply fuses, 2 X 2A + 2 X 3.15A, all slow-blow GMA type. I've never blown a fuse so I haven't been inside the case, but the 8A main fuse should be located near the AC IEC inlet (but is probably OK if the Standby light comes on) and the 4 power supply fuses are likely all on a separate smaller power supply board.

Good luck.

Steve

Comment

• King_Fuzz
      • Aug 2014

Awesome!

That's possibly good to hear. I haven't received the faulty amp yet, if all fails i'm just going to switch the digital board out with my current Rotel amplifier as that's the easiest fix. But if I could just simply switch some fuses out that would be even more ideal.

It seems like the front panel LED acts as an indicator that the unit is receiving power. Which is hopefully good news.

Thanks for your reply.

T.

Comment

Working...
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"