X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mikael
    • Aug 2007

New Rotel CI poweramps....

Hi Patrick and everyone else
    can you tell me what kind of amps the new CI ampd Rotel showed at ISE Amsterdam. They looked great in the new square front?

Best Mikael
  • Mikael
    • Aug 2007

Patrick
    could you tell us something please

Comment

• Patrick Butler
      • Jan 2014

Hello Mikael,

What you saw were the new RKB distribution amplifiers.
      RKB-850
      RKB-D850
      RKB-8100
      RKB-D8100

All are 8 channels and come in two different power configurations- 50 watts or 100 watts per channel. Hypex based modules are used in all models. There are also two different input configurations. The standard versions (RKB-850, RKB-8100) have conventional analog inputs, while the "D" version adds a Toslink input per channel. The D version is a great way to take advantage of music streaming devices while enjoying the superior sound and decoding (PCM only) of a Rotel amplifier. Products start shipping in mid-March in North America.

Best,

Patrick

Originally posted by Mikael
      Patrick
      could you tell us something please

Comment

• Mikael
        • Aug 2007

Hi
        is it the n-core moduls from hypex?
        And does it mean a totel change from icepower to hypex in the 1500 series.

And more importently have do they sound compared to the icepower amps?

best Mikael

Comment

• Patrick Butler
          • Jan 2014

Hi Mikael,

I believe the amp is based on Hypex's UCD180lp module. While I have not directly compared the RKB-D8100 to any of Rotel's Icepower based amplifiers (since they are for very different applications) I was immediately impressed by what I heard in the RKB-D8100. My personal feeling listening to many Icepower amplifiers in the past is that they are great below 300Hz, but become increasingly noisy as frequency increases. This is leads to a mechanical and grainy sound that many people have commented on. Keep in mind that there are many generations of Icepower amplifiers, and they have gotten much better in fidelity over the years. In other words, take these generalizations as just that- generalizations.

Best,

Patrick

Originally posted by Mikael
          Hi
          is it the n-core moduls from hypex?
          And does it mean a totel change from icepower to hypex in the 1500 series.

And more importently have do they sound compared to the icepower amps?

best Mikael

Comment

Working...
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"