X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mikael
    • Aug 2007

Rotel gets Dirac live

The RSP-1576 and RAP-1580 gets Dirac live calibration. Thats the word from ISE 2019
  • Kevin D
    Ultra Senior Member
    • Oct 2002

Well this would change things!

Kevin D.

Comment

• Mikael
      • Aug 2007

What will it change?
      A better chip set for decoding DTS and dolby, would be better. I had the RSP-1582 for a few month and it had a lot of faults, after a few weeks it began droping audio in surround mode, like the RSP-1098 did after a few years in service. And when I changed input or paused a movie there was a loud popping noise in my speakers and also the 1-2 seconds delay in the beginning of each song when connected via coax input. Can you tell me why Rotel can not fix the delay in their pre/pros? I now have the stereo preamp RC-1590 and no delay i sound when connected via coax
      Mikael

Comment

• Ovation
        Super Senior Member
        • Sep 2004

Originally posted by Mikael
        What will it change?
        A better chip set for decoding DTS and dolby, would be better. I had the RSP-1582 for a few month and it had a lot of faults, after a few weeks it began droping audio in surround mode, like the RSP-1098 did after a few years in service. And when I changed input or paused a movie there was a loud popping noise in my speakers and also the 1-2 seconds delay in the beginning of each song when connected via coax input. Can you tell me why Rotel can not fix the delay in their pre/pros? I now have the stereo preamp RC-1590 and no delay i sound when connected via coax
        Mikael
        I can't speak to the problems you describe, but Rotel adopting Dirac Live will certainly change their perceived place within the mix of non-"mainstream" brands that offer a sophisticated room EQ software. I'd wager many people who would like to move on from Onkyo/Pioneer/Denon/Yamaha to something in the NAD/Rotel/Cambridge Audio/Arcam realm have held back because, until recently, none of them offered a room EQ system on par with Dirac Live (or even Audyssey XT32). Of course, there are those who want to avoid EQ systems like the proverbial plague and will likely be disappointed in Rotel's move here. On balance, though, I'd bet the number of people newly interested will outweigh those who have no interest in Dirac or other, similar systems.

Comment

• lradden
          • Sep 2012

I've always loved Rotel's amps, but their pre/pros IMO have been pretty bad without room correction. I had the RSP-1066 back in 2002 and it was terrible so I left Rotel as far as pre/pros are concerned (still have three Rotel amps). Since then I've had various pre/pros and receivers used as pre/pros. Over the past 10 years I've had nothing but Anthem receivers as pre/pros(MRX300 and MRX 720) and with Anthem's ARC they have been incredible sounding. Now that Rotel have room correction via Dirac I may have to give Rotel a try again depending on how they implement it.

Comment

• usul
            • Nov 2003

I emailed Rotel about dirac..

Thry said the hardware /software upgrade will include the mic, and full dirac live.. No need to pay the $100 to dirac for the full software...

Rotel said they did not want their customers to have to pay more $$ after the upgrade... [emoji16][emoji16]

I'm excited... Just orderd my rsp1576

Comment

Working...
            Searching...Please wait.
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
            There are no results that meet this criteria.
            Search Result for "|||"