Dealer pushing me away from Rotel and into NAD!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BKSinAZ
    • Feb 2003

Dealer pushing me away from Rotel and into NAD!

I went to inquire about the Rotel Pre/Pro RSP1572 at my local dealer. He happens to be a Rotel and a NAD dealer.

My amp is a Rotel 1075 so I thought the RSP1572 would be a good match, but he keeps trying to sell me an NAD!

What gives? Does he make more of a profit margin with the NAD?
  • hurin
    • Sep 2009

Sounds fishy. I can see how the 1075 could be an inadequate match for your speakers, but there is no way NAD makes better preprocessors than Rotel.

If you have 3-way speakers in your setup the 1075 is probably to small. But if the bass is handled by an active subwoofer as in most surround setups, the 1075 should be adequate.
    A solution could be to get a 1080 for your fronts and let the 1075 handle the center and surround speakers.

You can usually tell if your dealer is trying to scam you by the questions he asks. Is he telling you the NAD is a special offer? (oldest trick in the book) Has he inquired what speakers you own and how large your room is? (without this information he cannot really offer useful advise) Is he trying to sell you magic cables?

Comment

• madmac
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Aug 2010

NAD is ok, but Rotel is better gear in my opinion. My guess is that the store is being pushed by NAD to sell more gear (Maybe at a cost savings too) and you are being pushed into that direction by the staff. Buy the gear you want to buy, if not there, then at a different shop.
      Dan Madden :T

Comment

• Audio_ElF
        • Oct 2007

First off: what NAD is he suggesting in preference to the Rotel? Is it an alternative pre/pro. If its the T187 pre-pro perhaps he genuinely feels its a better pre-pro than the Rotel RSP1572. It's not as though in terms of physical looks (or anything electronic really) a NAD processor matches your RMB1075 any worse than a Rotel RSP1572 will.

I think we need more details to be really helpful here.

Perhaps I'm naive or being overly generous to the store. But is it really fair o the other replies to this thread to automatically assume that there is something fishy?

Eloise

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"