X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Fallen
    • Feb 2011

Rotel RSX-1067

Hi all, I'm new to this site so any help will be appreciated. I have a Rotel RSX-1067 and using Martin Logan Vista as my front. Is it normal that I have to turn the volume up from 60 to 90 to get good sound out of my speakers . Do I need to add a power Amp to get a better sound out of my ML vista?
  • MickeyVee
    • Jun 2009

I used to have the 1067 driving Martin Logan Clarity''s and it was fine, not optimal. They are a nominal 6 ohm impedance and can dip to below 2 ohms. Before that, I had the Logan Scenario's and they actually shut down the Rotel.

I now have an RSX-1560 driving the Vista's which are a nominal 4 ohm load and again, dips below 2 ohms at higher frequencies.

The difference between the 1067 and the 1560, other than amplifier tech, is that the 1560 is rated 200 wpc into 4 ohms. The 1067 does not publish a 4 ohm spec.

To make a long story short, the answer to your question is yes. If you like Rotel, go for a RB 1562 or 1572. I had the 1572 but after a/b tests with the 1560 AVR, there was little to no difference so I sold it. The 1560 drives the Vista's nicely (which would be another option for you.. better amp, no mid-high harshness, HDMI, etc. etc.)

To make the Vista's really sing, I'm looking for a very high quality integrated amp with HT bypass for my 2 channel listening. The Rotel is awesome for HT.

Good luck and let us know what you plan to do.
    Martin Logan Vista, Vignette, Grotto i, B&W M-1 ~ Wireless iTunes to new AppleTV & Oppo BDP-83 > PS Audio DLIII DAC > Rotel RSX-1560 ~

Comment

• madmac
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Aug 2010

If you are going to 90 on the volume dial of your 1067 in 2 ch stereo, then your Rotel does not have the juice to power your speakers....period!. You have to get a more powerful amp. I believe the 1067 is not designed or recommended to drive 4 ohm speakers so you also risk damage to the unit.
      Dan Madden :T

Comment

Working...
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"