X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Blues
    • Feb 2011

RSX 1065 Power Cord Specs

I bought my 1065 lightly used a number of years ago and have never been comfortable with the power cord. It doesn't fit very well in the power port and has 3 holes on the female end, even though it only needs 2.

Any other 1065 owners out there have similar findings and what guage is your power cord? Mine is 16AWG and I just want to make sure I have the correct one.

Thanks!
  • madmac
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2010

I have a 1067 and the power cord is indeed 16 guage and 2 prong....both at the male and female sides. Important to plug this unit into a spike protected power bar!!
    Dan Madden :T

Comment

• Blues
      • Feb 2011

Interesting, wonder why my power cord is a 3 pronger? Thanks for the info!

Comment

• Glen B
        Super Senior Member
        • Jul 2004

Either the cord came with the unit or the previous owner switched cords. I suspect the latter. Nevertheless, a 16 gauge cord is rated to 1,560 watts, and is adequate for your Rotel, which has a 550W power consumption rating. I've seen captive 16 gauge power cords on amps of 200 and 300 watts per channel. No problem using a three-pin IEC plug in a two-pin inlet.

Comment

• Blues
          • Feb 2011

Thanks!

Comment

Working...
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"