X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jyj
    • Dec 2008

Rotel Rack Mount Advice

I purchased an RSP 1069, RMB 1077 and an RCD 1072 a couple of years ago. I want to install them in a new rack that I'm going to purchase. I went through my original boxes and discovered the components didn't come with rack mount kits.

I've seen the MA Flush Mount Shelves, but I'm not sure if that's the only option.

Can you provide advice on where and the type of after market kits or parts that I would need to purchase?

Thanks in advance.

Jerry
  • Kevin D
    Ultra Senior Member
    • Oct 2002

If you want the traditional flush look of rack mount equipment, then yes MA is about the only solution. Otherwise any generic 2 ,3 , or 4U shelf will work fine.

Or you can upgrade to the 15 series, which has optional rack mount kits available.

Kevin D.

Comment

• jyj
      • Dec 2008

Thanks for the information Kevin. My rack is in a closet, so it's just more functional at this time. How do you know when to use the rails vs. a shelf? Does that have to do with whether your equipment is rack mountable?

Comment

• Kevin D
        Ultra Senior Member
        • Oct 2002

Can you explain your question a little bit more? You would typically have a full set of rails with true rack mount equipment, generic open shelves, or shelves with laser cut face plates.

Kevin D.

Comment

• jyj
          • Dec 2008

I think I understand the difference now. Any 2U or 3U shelf will work as long it supports the weight of the equipment that I'm placing in the rack.

I've been doing some research and the RSHs with the custom face plates can be a bit pricey. By using open shelves, I can save a quite a few bucks.

With the money I save, I feel an upgrade may be in my future :-)

Thanks for the help Kevin!!

Comment

Working...
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"