Handshake Protocol and Software Upgrades?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Hairsonfire
    • Oct 2010

Handshake Protocol and Software Upgrades?

I purchased my RSP 1570 back in February 2010 and have yet to have any of the Software Upgrades done as I am too intimidated to do it myself and have not bothered to take it in to have it done as the shop here (Providence Rhode Island) says they would probably take a couple of days to do it. Anyone have any experience doing this them selves?

Also, do any of the latest upgrades address the "Handshake Protocol" that seems to be an issue with this Pre/Pro?

Any replies greatly appreciated.
  • RichardB
    • Jul 2010

Hi,

Updating the 1570 firmware (3 firmware hex's) is fairly easy, you can download the latest 3 firmware's from http://www.bwgroup-support.com/software.html . Contained on the page are update instructions as well, all you need is a PC with a com port or a usb to serial cable. Before doing the update, back up the current settings as the main firmware update wipes your current settings. I would wait until 1st November as Rotel are updating the firmware hosted on the site.

Rich

Comment

• mjb
      Super Senior Member
      • Mar 2005

Its not difficult to do it youself, just read and follow the instructions from the link in RichardsB's post. Be methodical! You'll need the RJ45 to D-type serial cable that came with the 1570, and a PC/laptop with either a serial port, or a USB-serial converter.
      - Mike

Main System:
      B&W 802D, HTM2D, SCMS
      Classé SSP-800, CA-2200, CA-5100

Comment

• Hairsonfire
        • Oct 2010

Thanks Gents!

However, you are underestimating my personal level of incompetence. No way am I going to do this myself.

I will wait until after 1 November and take it in to the local dealer.

Now, the second part of my post - will this remedy the Handshake Protocol issue in any way?

Comment

• RichardB
          • Jul 2010

Originally posted by Hairsonfire
          Now, the second part of my post - will this remedy the Handshake Protocol issue in any way?
          I sometimes have a handshake issue with my source (Pioneer BDP-LX91), this sometimes occur when I switch the source outputs from analogue to HDMI (i.e cd input on the 1570 to video1 on the 1570). Its not a major thing for me and the only situation when it can happen is when compairing HDMI to analogue.

Hope that makes sense.

What equipment are you having the handshake issue with?

Rich

Comment

• Hairsonfire
            • Oct 2010

Thanks Rich

Originally posted by RichardB
            I sometimes have a handshake issue with my source (Pioneer BDP-LX91), this sometimes occur when I switch the source outputs from analogue to HDMI (i.e cd input on the 1570 to video1 on the 1570). Its not a major thing for me and the only situation when it can happen is when compairing HDMI to analogue.

Hope that makes sense.

What equipment are you having the handshake issue with?

Rich
            Yes sir, I have the PS3 120gb in use as a dedicated BluRay Player. I will get the snowy screen when I first put in a disc. I can either then wait for the Rotel to go through its machinations until it recognizes the signal - always from a bluray disc when the PS3 first begins reading it - or I can switch out and then swtich back in. Also, one other glitch, occasionally, I will get a horrible static sound if I put in a standard music CD or even (very rarely) the odd bluray DVD.

Comment

• RichardB
              • Jul 2010

Originally posted by Hairsonfire
              Yes sir, I have the PS3 120gb in use as a dedicated BluRay Player. I will get the snowy screen when I first put in a disc. I can either then wait for the Rotel to go through its machinations until it recognizes the signal - always from a bluray disc when the PS3 first begins reading it - or I can switch out and then swtich back in. Also, one other glitch, occasionally, I will get a horrible static sound if I put in a standard music CD or even (very rarely) the odd bluray DVD.
              I have not experienced anything as bad as that, the firmware update would be the first thing to check. What three firmware's do you currently have installed? (hold 'Mute' on remote for several second)

I would also check the HDMI cable if it is connected via HDMI. If you have a spare cable swap it over, or plug the ps3 directly into the display.

Rich

Comment

• mjb
                Super Senior Member
                • Mar 2005

There have been several releases for the RSP-1570 since February to address various issues. Make sure the PS3 has been software updated too, its up to version 3.5 released in September, I think.
                - Mike

Main System:
                B&W 802D, HTM2D, SCMS
                Classé SSP-800, CA-2200, CA-5100

Comment

Working...
                Searching...Please wait.
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                There are no results that meet this criteria.
                Search Result for "|||"