X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mach9
    • Oct 2005

Rcd -1072

I bought a used but pretty much brand new RCD-1072 today and I auditioned it before taking it home it preformed flawlessly in all Rotel set up. When I hooked it up into my system I immediately heard a loud Buzz from the front left and right channel. My system which consists of the RSP-1098, RMB-1090,RMB-993,RMB-1070 has always been quiet as a mouse. I then disconnected the new cd player and voila the noise was gone ,I experimented aa few more times and each time I connect the audio RCA jacks this annoying hum returns even if the player is turned off. Any ideas?
  • wkhanna
    Grumpy Old Super Moderator Emeritus
    • Jan 2006

Does the power cord have a ground pin?

Is the RCD-1072 plugged into a different outlet than the rest of your equipment?
    _

Bill

Practicing Curmudgeon & Audio Snob
    ....just an "ON" switch, Please!

FinleyAudio

Comment

• Mach9
      • Oct 2005

it is plugged into a furman surge protector, but I just discovered something really interesting I unplugged the digital coax connection and the noise immediately went away!
      Last edited by Mach9; 23 October 2010, 03:55 Saturday.

Comment

• PewterTA
        • Nov 2004

sounds like the connection on the digi coax connection is probably touching the case or something like that and causing a ground loop.

You could try any RCA cable just to see if it comes back when plugged into it.

Most likely you might just simply have to skip using that...which unless you got a better dac, you want to use the analog outs to use the DAC in the CDP.

How's it sound (without the buzzing of course)?
        Digital Audio makes me Happy.
        -Dan

Comment

• Mach9
          • Oct 2005

Rcd 1072

Discovered something else quite interesting if all 3 connections are made the noise returns.All I have to do is disconnect either the coax or the analog rca's and the noise disappears!

Comment

• BWzes03
            • Oct 2005

Like PewterTA said, just use the analog outputs of the CDP. The DAC of the CDP is easily better sounding than the RSP1098.

Comment

• Mach9
              • Oct 2005

Rcd -1072

The RCD=1072 is nicely settled into my system using it in the analog bypass config sounds great ,couldn't be happier with this player!

Comment

Working...
              Searching...Please wait.
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
              There are no results that meet this criteria.
              Search Result for "|||"