X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • JazzCrimes
    • Jan 2010

Rotel integrated with a DAC?

Anyone know if Rotel is planning on releasing either a separate DAC or an integrated amp with a internal DAC in the near future?

I don't need all the AV pieces of the RSX-1550/60, and I've given up waiting for the RCX-1500. Besides, I don't need the CD player that's rumored to include.

My sources are a music server and a turntable, so I'm basically looking for a RA-1520 with an internal DAC to pair with my CM7s.

Any thoughts welcome. Thanks.
  • ricky_rocket
    • Jan 2008

Originally posted by JazzCrimes
    Anyone know if Rotel is planning on releasing either a separate DAC or an integrated amp with a internal DAC in the near future?

I don't need all the AV pieces of the RSX-1550/60, and I've given up waiting for the RCX-1500. Besides, I don't need the CD player that's rumored to include.

My sources are a music server and a turntable, so I'm basically looking for a RA-1520 with an internal DAC to pair with my CM7s.

I haven't heard of Rotel releasing an external DAC, but I was thinking the same thing as you - I'd buy one if they did.

Are you saying that you heard that a new release of a Rotel CD Player will include inputs to act as a DAC ? (where did you hear that?)

Comment

• JazzCrimes
      • Jan 2010

Originally posted by ricky_rocket
      Are you saying that you heard that a new release of a Rotel CD Player will include inputs to act as a DAC ? (where did you hear that?)
      No, the spec. I saw of the RCX-1500 was of an all-in-one box with a CD player and a Internet tuner. I assumed it would include a digital input, but maybe not . .

Comment

• hifiguymi
        Super Senior Member
        • Mar 2007

The RCX-1500 is it. I doubt Rotel would do something that similar (an integrated with a DAC) to a product that is already in the pipeline. If you are looking for S/PDIF inputs I don't think the RCX-1500 has them anyway. From what I can tell so far with the info I've received the only digital inputs are USB. That's looks to be the case with the RDG-150 as well.

I know it's taking a while for them to launch those models but Rotel really wants to get the user interface correct. If a product like that is hard to use, people won't buy it. Since it's aimed at it being a network audio/iPod piece as much as anything the user interface is crucial.

Eric

Comment

• style
          Super Senior Member
          • Feb 2006

Hi,

you speak from the rcx1520? cd (1520), DAB tuner, usb port, ...well a multmedia? that's right?

I have ear that this gear have a lot of problem...Rotel go come out ...to much problems....

Or? Eric, as dealer you have a news?

thx style

Comment

• hifiguymi
            Super Senior Member
            • Mar 2007

I guess you could call it a problem although I don't know if that is accurate. The biggest thing is ease of use. They don't want to ship it until it's easy to use.

Eric

Comment

• Audio_ElF
              • Oct 2007

I agree that an Integrated with a built in DAC is an interesting proposition (I currently use such a system with Musical Fidelity A1008) especially if you are looking to use a computer as a music source. However it has to be a proper DAC not just providing a USB input from a TI chipset. A separate DAC would probably be of more interest...

Eloise

Comment

• ricky_rocket
                • Jan 2008

Rotel CD Player to have inputs - future

I sent an email to Rotel (B&W Group).

I asked them...

Are there any plans for Rotel to release an external Digital-to-Analog Converter (DAC) or add digital Inputs to one of Rotels CD Players so that it can act as a DAC ?

Here's their response...

Hello Rick;

Rotel is actually working on both concepts at the moment but I don’t expect to see a product like this before mid 2011. Rotel is working on a CD player that will have digital inputs and they are in discussions about an external stand-alone DAC. Right now, that is all the information I have on this.

Best Regards,
                Mr. Shane M. Kea
                Rotel Service Supervisor
                B&W Group North America
                800-370-3741
                Please visit our support website at www.bwgroup-support.com

Comment

• cZwUV620
                  • Apr 2010

I really hope Rotel releases one in the future. I'd love to see them break some ground by releasing a DAC with those new 32-bit/384 chips. DACs are a hot thing right now and I'd love to still keep the looks of my 10 series system without having to change the CD player.

Comment

• geeza
                    • Jul 2006

I decided to apply a media player+server instead of disc player about year ago. On beginning I connected media player directly to RC-1090 using aq's Python RCA interconnects and the sound was awful. :M There was no other way but to buy good quality DAC, I bought Benchmark's DAC-1 and connected using balanced interconnects for whole signal path. The result is outstanding! :lol: I've never turn my RDV-1060 on any more. If you have any specific questions considering this kind of setup, please feel free to ask me.
                    Andrzej

Comment

Working...
                    Searching...Please wait.
                    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                    There are no results that meet this criteria.
                    Search Result for "|||"