X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • cZwUV620
    • Apr 2010

Improvement from RCD-1072 to 1520?

I've owned the RCD-1072 for many years in my Rotel system. I now have the ability and would like to upgrade the source. I've narrowed my search down to the two players my nearby dealers carry, the new RCD-1520 and a Sony XA-5400ES CD/SACD player.

I'd enjoy upgrading to the new 1520, but I haven't had a chance to hear it since the dealer never has it on the floor. Has anyone heard, or compared both the 1520 and 1072? I've read from different reviews that the new player is smoother and has better detail. If you've heard it, can you shed some thoughts as to whether or not you think it'll be a substantial improvement over the 1072?

Much like the Rotel dealer, the Sony ES dealer doesn't stock the XA-5400ES player either. I have no usage for SACD, but I've read that the Sony player's redbook playback can hold its own against many more expensive players.

I have no problem purchasing any one of these players, but I'll have to buy it sight unheard. Any info or feedback would be appreciated!
  • cZwUV620
    • Apr 2010

Wanted to add that I went to the dealer yesterday and they recommended that I focus on room treatments instead of upgrading the CD player. The differences between the RCD-1072 and RCD-1520 aren't that dramatic.

Comment

• Opus007
      • Nov 2007

You may find this helpful.

Is there anyone using the new series of Rotel RCD-1520? I believe the MSRP is $999. I believe there is a certain amount of discount available to talk ab...

Comment

Working...
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"