X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Palforever
    • Feb 2010

Need help.

What Rotel gears do i need best for B&W 803s,HTM3s and 805s?This for 5.1 HT system.Its also for 50/50 ht and music.My room size is 20`x20`.I will also need a dedicated 2 channel power amp and pre-amp for music.Been looking at this rotel gear combinations for the above speakers set-up.

1)RSP-1570(7.1 surrond sound processor)
    2)RMB-1575 (5 channel power amp for Centre,Rear L/R)
    3)RB-1572 (2 channel stereo amp for L/R)
    4)RC-1580 (pre-amp for stereo music listening)

Your ideas,opinion and suggestions is much appreciated.Thank you.
  • hifiguymi
    Super Senior Member
    • Mar 2007

The one thing you may also consider would be the RB-1582 for the left and right channels. It's a class A/B amp and has a different presentation than the RB-1572. If you can listen to both of them you should give them a try. Other than that you're looking at a pretty nice system that I'd love to own.

Eric

Comment

• htsteve
      Super Senior Member
      • Sep 2004

Palforever,

I agree with Eric's comments. You have a well thought out plan. I very much like you having a stereo amp for the 803's. A good idea.

What sub do you have or plan to have?

Hope this helps.

Comment

• Palforever
        • Feb 2010

Originally posted by hifiguymi
        The one thing you may also consider would be the RB-1582 for the left and right channels. It's a class A/B amp and has a different presentation than the RB-1572. If you can listen to both of them you should give them a try. Other than that you're looking at a pretty nice system that I'd love to own.

Eric
        I have that thought too,the RB1582 for the front L/R channel.Will it have enough juice to drive the front 803s?

Comment

• Palforever
          • Feb 2010

htsteve,i have eyeing the SVS PC12-Plus or may be i will go along with the B&W series,any thoughts?

Comment

• htsteve
            Super Senior Member
            • Sep 2004

The SVS would be a good choice. A lot of performance for the buck.

I like B&W subs. I've heard a few over the years. However, I always found others that had a better price-performance ratio. I've owned M&K, Martin Logan, Velodyne and now JL Audio.

Velodyne makes very nice subs, but they cost a bit more.

Hope this helps.

PS I think either the 1582 or the 1572 would be very nice for the 803's.

Comment

• funnycar
              • Jul 2005

never enough power

I am currently driving a N804/NHTM1/N805 5.1 setup with 3 class A/B 1090 amps. I had a new Bel Canto 500s to use for 3 months, and found the ICE powered modules lacking in detail in complex midrange sections. All this @ an 80dB setup. This is a common complaint and analysis of ICE's own technical data (graphs) will back this up. Remember I am only driving 804's not N803's up front. What I have discovered on the scope is the complex waveforms require a sustained amount of power...something done best by high end class A amps. The Rotel class A/B amps fill in nicely at the next level, and 400-500 (1090 at minimum) watts/channel @ 8 ohms should sound spectacular with your front speakers.

Comment

• hifiguymi
                Super Senior Member
                • Mar 2007

Originally posted by Palforever
                I have that thought too,the RB1582 for the front L/R channel.Will it have enough juice to drive the front 803s?
                That won't be a problem. It's has plenty of power for those speakers.

Eric

Comment

• Palforever
                  • Feb 2010

Or may be i should get a monoblock 500wpc(RB1091 or the 1092)for the front for the 803s,coz i know that the 803s is power hungry speakers.OR is it to much?

Comment

• htsteve
                    Super Senior Member
                    • Sep 2004

Originally posted by Palforever
                    Or may be i should get a monoblock 500wpc(RB1091 or the 1092)for the front for the 803s,coz i know that the 803s is power hungry speakers.OR is it to much?

The 1091's or 1092 would be quite excellent. That would not be too much power. It would also set you up down the road if you were to upgrade the 803's (to some 802's or bigger). Also, given that these are the last generation amps, you should be able to find a deal on them.

I've found the more power you throw at the 800 series, the better they perform.

Hope this helps.

Comment

Working...
                    Searching...Please wait.
                    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                    There are no results that meet this criteria.
                    Search Result for "|||"