X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Navin R. Johnso
    • Apr 2006

1098 Question

Hello:

I have a question about 1098 setup that I'm hoping an owner or former owner can help me with.

As quick background, let me describe my current setup: 1072 CD player feeding an RSX 1056 into the multi inputs. The reason I have it going into "multi" is that it lets me maintain the pure analog path through the receiver, but also does the bass redirect so that I can run my sub in addition to my mains for 2 channel stereo (actually 2.1 this way?). This is the best of both worlds as far as my music listening- all analog path coming after the 1072 DACs, then also a well integrated sub to round out the lows.

My challenges are with the new A/V codecs accompanying blueray, Dolby HD, etc. My processor can't decode them, so I would have to send them in via the "multi" input, already decoded by a BD player. Then I would lose my prized 2-channel setup.

I am thinking over the alternatives, and one thing that came to mind would be to get an older pre/pro like the 1098 and work off of that, thinking that the pre/pro would offer more flexability than an integrated recevier. So getting around to my questions, they are:

1. Does the 1098 offer the bass redirect from analog signal path for any other inputs than "multi"? In the 1056 it is only an option on multi, meaning I can't run the inputs into the "CD" input and keep the signal analog while also getting a feed to the subwoofer. I'm hoping that the more advanced/higher-end 1098 may have offered this option for more inputs.

2. If it does not, and I ran the CD signal into the CD input, would the "sub pre out" terminal actually contain a signal that I could capture and run to the sub?

3. If it didn't, would the line level signal be available somewhere else among the various pre-out options (other than the regular main L/R which would feed the power amp)?

Thanks!
  • Opus007
    • Nov 2007

Unfortunatly if you want to keep the signal pure and use no processing on any of the the analog inputs other than the multi channel then the answer is no the 1098 will not allow you to do what you want to do.
    Not sure on the 1098 but the only way I see doing anything near what you want is to go to the analog inputs from your source and use stereo mode which will re-convert the signal and this way you can use a sub.But of course that is not what you want as the signal will be reprocessed for the better or worse.Hope this helps.

Comment

• Navin R. Johnso
      • Apr 2006

Originally posted by Opus007
      Unfortunatly if you want to keep the signal pure and use no processing on any of the the analog inputs other than the multi channel then the answer is no the 1098 will not allow you to do what you want to do.
      Not sure on the 1098 but the only way I see doing anything near what you want is to go to the analog inputs from your source and use stereo mode which will re-convert the signal and this way you can use a sub.But of course that is not what you want as the signal will be reprocessed for the better or worse.Hope this helps.
      Not what I was hoping for but thanks for the info. It's a shame this feature is not more common or available on other inputs, as it's a great way to add a sub into 2-channel music without another set of A-D/D-A steps.

Comment

• Mikael
        • Aug 2007

Hi
        I have the rsp1098 and I use a sub with my stereo setup a 2.1 system,I use the stereo mode and it works fine and I use the CD input and it works with all analog inputs, it will do bass redirect. there is only a very very small differents in the sound compared to the bypass mode. If you can do bass redirect with the RSX1056 in multi ch input you can do it with the RSP1098.
        If you want to have a sub play with your stereo setup you'll have to go to the sub menu and set the sub on the max setting, that way your sub will play bass up to the cutoff point and yor main speaker will also play bass.

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"