• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Samfuzi
    • Feb 2010

Rotel RSP 1066 - locked in stand by mode

Hi!

I have a problem with my RSP 1066...
    As I push the main power button, the red LED on the front panel starts glowing red, but the display is not booting up...

It seems like the pre amp is locked in standby mode, or something is wrong with it.

I have tried to push "power up" on remote controller, but nothing happens. If i push "power off" on the remote controll, the red LED is unchanged. If I push "power on" after this, the red LED is flashin one time, then steady red again. The display is still not booting up. I tried to start some music to check if its only the display that is failing, but nothig responds. No sound from speakers and no reaction from the pre amp.

Anyone out there whom can help me with this problem?

I opened the RSP 1066 and checked if any of the fuses are blown, but as far as I could see, they were all intact.

Please help
    /Samfuzi
  • Gianluca
    • Oct 2008

Just a guess but I now my 1056 does that when you flip the upgrade dip switches on the back. I don't know if yours has those switches or not???

Luca
    Sharp Aquos 40" 1080P| Rotel RSX 1056 | Classé CA-150 | Oppo BDP-83 | PS3 | APC H15 | B&W 603 S3 | B&W LCR 600 S3 | B&W 602 S3 | Sunfire True Sub Signature |

Comment

• Samfuzi
      • Feb 2010

No such switch on RSP 1066 :S

Thx anyway

What worries me: This device worked perfectly, then suddenly it would not power up the display (and the rest of the pre amp). Only the red LED light is active. I didnt move the pre amp or clean around it or anything. It just stopped to work for no reason.

/Samfuzi

Comment

Working...
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"