X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RazKaz
    • Oct 2009

RSP-1069/RDV-1093, HDCD, DACs

Hi,

- Which one of the RSP-1069/RDV-1093 has the best DACs (2ch), suggestions?
    - Anyone having problems with playing HDCD:s on RSP-1069/RDV-1093 (my RSP is jumping between 2ch pcm and HDCD between and during tracks)?
    - Does the RDV-1093 decode HDCD?

Latest firmware installed.

Thanks!

// R
  • hurin
    • Sep 2009

Originally posted by RazKaz
    Hi,

- Which one of the RSP-1069/RDV-1093 has the best DACs (2ch), suggestions?
    The RSP 1069, it has a Burr Brown 24 bit/192kHz DAC. They don't say what DAC is inside the 1093, so presumably it's inferior.

- Does the RDV-1093 decode HDCD?
    No, if it did, it would have the HDCD logo on the front. It will play it as a normal CD

I have a RSP 1069/RCD 1072 combo, but to be honest I can't really tell the difference between a HDCD and a normal CD.

I think it may be that people are comparing apples to oranges, because of the 'Loudness War' about 90% of CD's made in the last 15 years are garbage. CD's with the HDCD logo are marketed towards audiophiles, and so do not suffer from dynamic compression. But I think that to tell the diffence between a HDCD and a properly recorded CD you would need some really good hearing.

Comment

Working...
    Searching...Please wait.
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
    There are no results that meet this criteria.
    Search Result for "|||"