X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Opus007
    • Nov 2007

Video/Audio Sync

i have noticed that with my 1069 there is a sync issue with the video and audio.It seems that the audio is about 1 second behind the video.I thought at first that it maybe that having a 30 foot hdmi cable to my PJ may be the cause but if that was so would not the audio be a second ahead of video?
    This happens on both bluray and when feeding the PJ from my DTV HD receiver in another words on all sources.I have set the delay in the setup on the 1069 per the distance of each speaker to listing distance.Should I set the delay to the distance of the PJ hdmi run instead.Or is there another way to get both audio and video to sync.Video through the 1069 is set at bypass.Thanks.
  • bcampbell
    • May 2009

There is a group delay setting that you can use from the remote as well as a permanent setting through the OSD. To do it from the remote just hit the button labeled with a "C" on it and on the lcd on the 1069 it should say group delay. You can then adjust it to whatever delay you want and the audio will sync up. Hope that helps, I know you can set it through the OSD as well but it is much simpler to adjust it this way and then once you find the correct setting you can go make the permanent change.

Comment

• Opus007
      • Nov 2007

Originally posted by bcampbell
      There is a group delay setting that you can use from the remote as well as a permanent setting through the OSD. To do it from the remote just hit the button labeled with a "C" on it and on the lcd on the 1069 it should say group delay. You can then adjust it to whatever delay you want and the audio will sync up. Hope that helps, I know you can set it through the OSD as well but it is much simpler to adjust it this way and then once you find the correct setting you can go make the permanent change.
      Thanks bcambell will give that a try.

Comment

• Opus007
        • Nov 2007

I still have not been able to sync the audio with the video.If I use the group delay it puts the audio even further behind the audio.The group delay setting will only let me delay the audio and does not let me advance it.Any other suggestions.Thanks.

Comment

• Kevin D
          Ultra Senior Member
          • Oct 2002

Hmm. Very strange. What you found is true, the group delay is there to make up for delay in the video side of things. I don't know of anything that will speed up the audio, you will have to slow down the video.

What are your speaker delay settings? That's the only area I know of where you can 'speed' the audio up. Keep the same relationship, but lower them all as far as you can go. IE, if they are 12,10,12,8,8 set them to 5,3,5,1,1.... That's not going to be enough to to make up for a second, but should help.

Kevin D.

Comment

• Opus007
            • Nov 2007

Thanks Kevin .Will give it a try.

Comment

• TommyV
              • Feb 2007

Did you just notice this? Seems like it would be something that you would have immediately noticed. Anyway the speaker delays is a good place to try and tweak it. I think some video processors have a way of delaying the video to sinc it up but that is more money. It should work right, mine does. I am using a plasma though and a short cable is it possible you PJ is not shooting the video out fast enough? Try unplugging everything for a few mins and rebooting it.

Comment

• Opus007
                • Nov 2007

Originally posted by TommyV
                Did you just notice this? Seems like it would be something that you would have immediately noticed. Anyway the speaker delays is a good place to try and tweak it. I think some video processors have a way of delaying the video to sinc it up but that is more money. It should work right, mine does. I am using a plasma though and a short cable is it possible you PJ is not shooting the video out fast enough? Try unplugging everything for a few mins and rebooting it.
                No this has been going on since I have had the 1069.The run to my pj is 30 feet via HDMI from monoprice.I have tried unplugging everything and rebooting.When I had the rsx 1057 I did not have this problem.It is not off by much and sometimes I just do not notice it because I am not looking for it.If I recall correctly when I first demoed the 1069 I did not notice it at all but when I had the dealer send the 1069 in for the bypass board to be installed and when I got it back is when I noticed it.Will mess with the delay settings some more.

Comment

Working...
                Searching...Please wait.
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                There are no results that meet this criteria.
                Search Result for "|||"