X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • urlawyer
    • Feb 2009

Settings Software

I found software on the Rotel Site which allows one to keep track of the settings on the 1560, 1570 etc.

It appears that you can keep track of your settings and even use your computer to make setting changes.

Has anyone used it? If so, is it worth its use?
  • Kevin D
    Ultra Senior Member
    • Oct 2002

Considering you have to default the unit any time you perform a firmware upgrade, its worth it right there.

Sometimes it takes an on/off cycle (via rear switch) to get it to see the unit, but other then that it seems to work fine.

Kevin D.

Comment

• hifiguymi
      Super Senior Member
      • Mar 2007

I've used it at home and at a few customers homes and it works great. As Kevin said, if you do a firmware update it makes life much easier.

It works with the RSX-1058 and RSX-1069 as well. The baud rate is different (slower) for the 10 Series but it works great for both series.

Eric

Comment

• MickeyVee
        • Jun 2009

The software works flawlessly for me (1560 AVR). As said, worth saving your settings but the best thing about it is the ability to set your am/fm presets quickly.
        Martin Logan Vista, Vignette, Grotto i, B&W M-1 ~ Wireless iTunes to new AppleTV & Oppo BDP-83 > PS Audio DLIII DAC > Rotel RSX-1560 ~

Comment

• sal1k
          • Jul 2009

Is there a Mac version of the Rotel software available? If not, does anyone know if Rotel is planning to release OS X (Mac) SW?

Thanks,
          Sal

Comment

• hifiguymi
            Super Senior Member
            • Mar 2007

Originally posted by sal1k
            Is there a Mac version of the Rotel software available? If not, does anyone know if Rotel is planning to release OS X (Mac) SW?

Thanks,
            Sal
            There isn't a Mac version and I don't know of one coming. Try e-mailing Rotel and asking them at techsupport@bwgroupusa.com .

Eric

Comment

• MickeyVee
              • Jun 2009

There isn't a Mac version. I'm a Mac person so my solution is running Windows XP under VMWare Fusion and using a USB to serial adaptor connecting the the rotel cable into the receiver (whew!).
              it actually works flawlessly for me under Mac OS 10.5.7 with a black MacBook.
              Martin Logan Vista, Vignette, Grotto i, B&W M-1 ~ Wireless iTunes to new AppleTV & Oppo BDP-83 > PS Audio DLIII DAC > Rotel RSX-1560 ~

Comment

• sal1k
                • Jul 2009

Well, I just email Rotel regarding Mac Software... I don't hold out hope, but I'll post any response I get.

:-)

Sal

Comment

Working...
                Searching...Please wait.
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                There are no results that meet this criteria.
                Search Result for "|||"