X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Opus007
    • Nov 2007

1069 question?

Since I can not get any feed back on my other post I will simplify it.When I connect my cdp to the front 2 channels on the multi channel inputs of my 1069...Why does it sound so much better than when I use the analog cd inputs?.CDP = RCD-1072.Both in bypass.
    There is more bass,more clarity and unlike the cd inputs the multi are not bright.Thanks
  • Opus007
    • Nov 2007

Problem solved. :T

Comment

• peepaj
      • Jan 2009

Hi Opus007,
      I was wondering what your solution was? I have posted before that I use analog cables and my 1069 in bypass mode. I did not post earlier about your question because most people would think I'm nuts but here goes. I made diy power cables for my system, reason for making cables was just to clean up some of the wiring but I also have noticed that it isn't as bright.
      Jeff

Comment

• piperpilot
        • Jan 2008

Hi,
        Glad you got your problem solved -- but curious what you did to solve it?
        I haven't tried connecting my CD player up via analog, but would like to know in case I do.

Thanks!

Comment

• Opus007
          • Nov 2007

First off let me say that my local dealer is awesome.I had one of the owners come to my house to help me trouble shoot the problem.He brought out some new interconnects,and a 1080 amp just to see if it was the amp.When he sat down and listened He said that it sounds as if the pre/amp was using some bass management and crossovers.This is in cd bypass mode so there should be no bass management or cross overs present.So He set my fronts to large and and all other speakers to NONE and NO SUB.This made a tremendous.difference..but it still sounded as if there was some bass management going on so he defaulted the 1069 and then re-calibrated everything and everything came together.We set the speakers back to small and everything crossed over at 80.
          Before when I used the cd via analog direct and then switched to stereo mode and let the 1069 do the processing it was night day difference.Now I can not tell them apart and now the mutil bypass and cd bypass sound the same and it is very,very nice.And another plus he gave me a set of high dollar interconnects for the cdp and that brought the whole system alive.
          I am not sure but guess it was just a glitch but it is all good for now. :T

Comment

• peepaj
            • Jan 2009

Great to hear, by looking at your gear it sould sound great. Enjoy

Comment

• piperpilot
              • Jan 2008

Thanks for the explanation... I bet it sounds great!

Comment

• Opus007
                • Nov 2007

All I can say is I was to the point where I really was rethinking my whole setup.After I got the bypass board on the 1069 installed and sent back to me it did not sound like it did before.So I bought the rcd 1072 thinking that was the problem but it fixed nothing and just made me more disappointed.why it had a glitch is unknown and I hope it does not happen again.But for now I can sit down and pop in a cd and know it will sound good instead of sitting there thinking..wait something is wrong.

Comment

Working...
                Searching...Please wait.
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                There are no results that meet this criteria.
                Search Result for "|||"