X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ian1975
    • Apr 2009

Your Opinion Please

Hi! I just order and upgrade my AV gear, I will change my 703 front speakers for the 802d and the Rotel RSP-1069 for the Classé SSP-800 but don't have the $ to upgrade everything... So my system will be:

Pre-amp processor: Classé SSP-800
    Amp: Rotel RMB-1095
    front: 802d
    center: HTM-7 (700 serie)
    back: 705
    sub: REL B2
    cd player: Rotel RCD-1072
    blueray: Panasonic DMP-BD55
    Conditioner: APC H15
    TV: Pioneer Elite

Will I see and hear an improvement for music and movies? and what is the next change that you guys would do to have your $ worth?

Thanks!!!
  • Opus007
    • Nov 2007

Originally posted by ian1975
    Hi! I just order and upgrade my AV gear, I will change my 703 front speakers for the 802d and the Rotel RSP-1069 for the Classé SSP-800 but don't have the $ to upgrade everything... So my system will be:

front: 802d
    center: HTM-7 (700 serie)
    back: 705
    sub: REL B2
    cd player: Rotel RCD-1072
    blueray: Panasonic DMP-BD55

Will I see and hear an improvement for music and movies? and what is the next change that you guys would do to have you $ worth?

Thanks!!!
    If it was me I would sell the HTM7 center and replace it with one in the 800's series as my next upgrade.It is more important to have your fronts and center matched than your rears.Going from the 703's to the 802d's you should enjoy a vast improvement in movies and music.Enjoy...just my opinion.

Comment

• htsteve
      Super Senior Member
      • Sep 2004

Originally posted by Opus007
      If it was me I would sell the HTM7 center and replace it with one in the 800's series as my next upgrade.It is more important to have your fronts and center matched than your rears.Going from the 703's to the 802d's you should enjoy a vast improvement in movies and music.Enjoy...just my opinion.

Ian1975,

I agree with this comment. The matching center channel is the HTM2D. This is what I have with my 802D's. A great synergy for the front three.

You will hear a big difference going from 703's to the 802D's. All areas (soundstage, dynamics, detail, bass, etc.) from all sources will sound excellent.

The 1095 amp will drive the 802D's nicely, but a more powerfull amp will allow them to really open up the performance. The 802D's really love current.

Enjoy that system, it's very good.

Comment

• B_W_Guy
        • Jun 2009

upgrade the center channel then move on to getting everything into Classé gear. I'm not an expert though. ask your dealer.

Comment

• miner
          • Mar 2005

Nice upgrade - listen then enjoy. FYI, I have an APC H15 in one of my systems. I have tried my amp (Rotel RB-1092) plugged into it and into the wall directly - I could not tell a sonic difference. Best to be protected.

Comment

• ian1975
            • Apr 2009

Thank you for your replies!

Comment

Working...
            Searching...Please wait.
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
            There are no results that meet this criteria.
            Search Result for "|||"