X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jimarchy
    • Dec 2008

RMB-1575 voltage change

I have a RMB-1575 which I purchased here in the USA in December, 110v. I am returning to the UK and the manual says it can be upgraded to 240v. Any idea how much this costs and the best way of doing this? Or should I stick with 110v and buy a voltage regulator like the PS Audio P300?

cheers

James
  • mjb
    Super Senior Member
    • Mar 2005

I would try to change the input voltage. Its usually set by an internal jumper of some sort, although I'm not sure in the 1575. You could call Rotel UK tech support and ask them: 01903-221700
    - Mike

Main System:
    B&W 802D, HTM2D, SCMS
    Classé SSP-800, CA-2200, CA-5100

Comment

• Carrotman
      • Mar 2008

Since the ICEpower-modules in the amp already has onboard voltage switching it shouldn't really be that hard, so I don't think (hope!) that a service center would charge you a lot for it.

/U.

Comment

• jimarchy
        • Dec 2008

Ok, got an answer from Classe / Rotel UK. £190 (less if I organize my own shipping) to change it to 240v. Thats not bad I guess... That said I can buy a PS Audio PS300 for £400 on ebay... which is the same price as getting two units changed.... Hmmmm.

Good news is they can be changed. Now, just need to decide which route is best for me.

Comment

• Carrotman
          • Mar 2008

Ouch. There has to be someone who can do it cheaper than that

/U.

Comment

• jimarchy
            • Dec 2008

Me thinks that your right too!!!!

Will check up when I get back home to the UK but sure this can be done a lot cheaper.

The Good News is that it can be done!! :T

Comment

• jimarchy
              • Dec 2008

Sent the unit to B&W(UK) and they have converted the voltage, took them a week from collection to returning it. They charged me £60 to change the voltage and that included the courier service too so very pleased with the outcome!!! :T They were very helpful.
              Last edited by jimarchy; 06 August 2009, 03:55 Thursday.

Comment

Working...
              Searching...Please wait.
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
              There are no results that meet this criteria.
              Search Result for "|||"