X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jimarchy
    • Dec 2008

Classe SSP600 voltage change

I have a 110v SSP and I am going back to the UK soon after a stint in the US, I read that the voltage can be changed to 240v. Any idea how much it costs? Who should I use? or should I just buy a voltage regulator like the PS Audio P300?

cheers

James
  • jimarchy
    • Dec 2008

OK.... Thanks for the multitude of replies... My Secretary is working through the mail sacks as we speak....

Just for Info... Classe UK quoted £190 to change the voltage from 120v to 240v. PS Audio P300's are going 2nd hand for around £400 or so.... no brainer.

Not bad at all. Think I will take my Classe back to Blighty with me.

Comment

• Glen B
      Super Senior Member
      • Jul 2004

Did you contact the Classé factory for advice ? It may be as simple as reconfiguring jumpers on the power transformer termination PC board. That's the way its done with the amps. It would make sense to have the processor voltage converted by the factory before you return to the UK. Just my $.02.

Comment

• Blue-Eyes
        • Dec 2002

Originally posted by Glen B
        Did you contact the Classé factory for advice ? It may be as simple as reconfiguring jumpers on the power transformer termination PC board. That's the way its done with the amps. It would make sense to have the processor voltage converted by the factory before you return to the UK. Just my $.02.
        If is that simple I will buy my next Classe AMP in the USA!

40% of the European price!

I heard that the european dealers won't change the voltage. The prefer selling ;D
        ------------------------------------------------------
        Never drive faster than your Angel can fly!

Comment

• Glen B
          Super Senior Member
          • Jul 2004

The owner's manual for the SSP600 states that the voltage is set at the facory and is not user-changeable; also something about units for European Union countries being set only for 230V operation, in compliance with CE regulations (whatever that means). That's why I believe you should contact the factory and state your situation. They may be willing to accomodate you and change the voltage at the factory.

Also, depending on what agreement Classé has with their European dealers, they may not want to undercut sales by those dealers by converting new products purchased in North America, to be taken to the UK. Having owned Classé equipment in the US for a while, and now wanting the line voltage converted for use in the UK becasue you are moving back there is a different situation. Classé may be willing to change the operating voltage for you to avoid you having to purchase new equipment.

Comment

• jimarchy
            • Dec 2008

The UK Classe / Rotel guys gave me the quote, So that is official. Like you stated, I bought this in the USA while living here and I am returning to the UK in June so I guess that is different from just doing a Grey import I guess.

£190 aint cheap but it will be cheaper than that if I organise my own delivery and pick up. That said, I am sure a good electrical engineer could do it for the price of few beers!

Comment

• jimarchy
              • Dec 2008

Glen... Actually... I will check with the US guys first... it could be cheaper to do it here before I go back!!! $ = £..... f they can do it for $190 then thats a hell of a lot cheaper than £190!!!!

Comment

• RebelMan
                Ultra Senior Member
                • Mar 2005

Jim, Given your unique situation Classe' should be able to help. However, if you run into any difficulties/time constraints Kurt at EchoAudio maybe able to help you as well.
                "Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die today."

Comment

• jimarchy
                  • Dec 2008

Update

Well just got a call from B&W(UK) saying my Classe SSP 600 has been changed to UK voltage, :T total charge £100 including courier service ( I had my Rotel voltage changed at the same time which they charged £60 for). very good service from them.

cheers

James
                  Last edited by jimarchy; 06 August 2009, 03:57 Thursday.

Comment

• guillermogiusti
                    • Apr 2016

como le cambio el voltaje a mis CAM 400?

Originally posted by Glen B
                    alguien puede ayudarme a disipar dudas de como realizar el procedimiento de 110 a 220v en un classe cam400?

desde ya muchas gracias!

Comment

• wkhanna
                      Grumpy Old Super Moderator Emeritus
                      • Jan 2006

Originally posted by guillermogiusti
                      alguien puede ayudarme a disipar dudas de como realizar el procedimiento de 110 a 220v en un classe cam400?

desde ya muchas gracias!
                      added translation:

can someone help me to dispel doubts as the procedure of 110 to 220v a Classe cam400?
                      thank you very much!
                      _

Bill

Practicing Curmudgeon & Audio Snob
                      ....just an "ON" switch, Please!

FinleyAudio

Comment

Working...
                      Searching...Please wait.
                      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                      There are no results that meet this criteria.
                      Search Result for "|||"