X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • WelshOne
    • Jan 2009

1570 and two different subs.

Im trying to get my 1570 to run both my Sunfire HRS12 sub, and also my main L/R B&W 605's, which have a pair of built in subwoofers per speaker.

When using SUB OUT 1 to the Sunfire, and SUB OUT 2 to the B&W's from the Rotel 1570 outputs, there is excellent bass from the sunfire, but hardly any movement from the drivers of the B&W's?

If i switch to bypass mode, as an example, when listening to music, the B&W bass drivers start flapping about as they should, switch back to stereo plus sub, only the sunfire kickes back in? What gives?

I am confused, could anyone help me as to what im doing wrong, if at all?

Im just curious to see what difference having the sunfire AND B&W 605's make having them running simultaneously?

Thanks

David
  • Kevin D
    Ultra Senior Member
    • Oct 2002

What's your crossover's and large/small settings?

Sounds like something is happening with the LFE input and speaker inputs. When you set it to bypass, all frequencies go over the speaker wires. When set to stereo + sub no bass info goes to the speaker and all goes to the LFE.

Might have to do some experiments and see exactly what's happening. Like just hook up the LFE output to the speakers, no sunfire or speaker wire. See what kind of output you have. Keep hooking up different combinations just to figure out how everything works on it's own. There's a chance the LFE inputs on the speakers are out or the sub 2 output is broke.

Kevin D.

Comment

• hifiguymi
      Super Senior Member
      • Mar 2007

With the DM605 speakers I wouldn't use the line level input on the speakers. In my experience they sound better using the speaker level input. I know it sounds counter intuitive, but the crossover blending gets screwed up in the speakers if you use the line level input. Since they do have good bass output, it will allow you to experiment with lower crossover frequencies in the preamp so the Sunfire sub will have to work over a smaller bandwidth and therefore be more efficient.

Give that a shot and see if you get better results.

Eric

Comment

• Minus4
        • Jan 2008

Try setting your speakers to large for stereo and sub to max for stereo and see if that helps good luck.

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"