X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • wywong
    • Jan 2005

B&W speaker and RMB1075

Hi I plan to upgrade my speakers to B&W 804S front r/l, and HTM4s as center. I have Rotel RSP 1068 and RMB 1075. Is this setup a good home theater and music match. Will the RMB1075 able to drive the B&W804s. I also have a Rel 201 subwoofer. When I listen to 804S in the dealer for CD music, I felt like the 804S do not have strong deep bass. Is anyone out there has this setup and can give me some advice. should I go for the 803S and HTM3S. Thanks!!
  • hifiguymi
    Super Senior Member
    • Mar 2007

That amp will work fine with those speakers. Those speakers will improve with a better amp if you chose to down the road so you can upgrade later and get better results.

Eric

Comment

• Boone38
      • Dec 2004

I have had that exact set up 804s, htm4 and the 1075. It played the speakers very well. Much louder then what I wanted to listen to. Worked great for the music and movies. I did use mine with a velodyne 12" and the sound was awsome. What made the biggest impact to me was when I went from the 1075 to the Classe CAV75. The sound got deeper and more dramatic. I then upgraded to the Anthem AVM30 and the sound stage went wider and the clarity improved. ( see the theme here). I later down graded to the 805s and there was only a little loss in the bass side.
      Overall the 1075 will drive it fine. Enjoy

Comment

• wywong
        • Jan 2005

Thanks for your inputs. How do you like tyour HTM4s with the 1075 doing HT. Should I go for 804S and HTM3s?

Comment

• BassThatHz
          • Jul 2006

I auditioned the B&W 804S on Classe amps, but I didn't like the sound.

Everything sounded superb, except the vocals and focus, I blame the 804S's because they also had 802D's in the dealers room powered by the same amps (in the same location previously) and that was the best sound I've ever heard so... it is what it is.

I ended up buying 803, powered initially with two channels from a 1075 and a 1068, and then four channels, it sounded less spacious and a bit less "musical" then Classe but much much more smoother and natural sounding than the 804; vocals weren't shrill anymore and imaging was pin-point accurate.

From what I heard on the Classe setup I KNEW that the 1075 amp was biggest limiting factor; as it should have out done the 804 in all categories, but it wasn't.

I upgraded to RB-1091 mono and haven't looked else-where since, problem solved, it sounds better than the 804 setup now!

If your going to stick with A/B amps, don't go less than one RB-1080 per speaker or 4-ch off an 1095... thats right I said it correctly, that's 200watts x2 per speaker

Comment

• BWzes03
            • Oct 2005

@BassThatHz :

I actually have that setup, but with the Nautilus 804, driven by one RB-1080 per speaker. Very deep controlled bass, mids and highs to die for...
            Perhaps I'll upgrade to 803's down the line somewhere, but for now, I think I'm getting just about the most out of my 804's and I like it... A lot !

Coming weekend I'm going to a colleague's house who has the 803D driven by a Musical Fidelity KW500, I think I'll be confronted with something that could possibly change my mind... but we'll see ..

Comment

Working...
            Searching...Please wait.
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
            There are no results that meet this criteria.
            Search Result for "|||"