Rotel RKP-200/RKB-200: where to buy? Alternatives?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Ivan
    • Jun 2006

Rotel RKP-200/RKB-200: where to buy? Alternatives?

Could you please advise on a proper place to buy Rotel keypad system (RKP-200/RKB-200), preferably with mail order option? Some time ago I was told by a local dealer that this stuff isn't available in Europe for some reason, so I'm thinking about buying it from the US.

Or maybe you can suggest a better option for controlling AV components from different zones (wall keypad/remote with learning capability)?

Thank you in advance.
  • Kevin D
    Ultra Senior Member
    • Oct 2002

Rotel NA has a very limited supply left of the Keypads. Looks they are discontinuing them. It's just an IR repeating system and Rotel NA said there are several third-party companies that have keypads that will work.

Kevin D.

Comment

• Linki
      • Aug 2007

I guess it depends where you are, but I am 100% sure you can buy it in Europe. Have you tried contacting ROTEL about it. I am sure they can tell you where you should be able to buy it.

And as a reply to Kevin, I don't think they are discontinuing them as they kept this feature on all the 15 series AV products...

Comment

• Ivan
        • Jun 2006

Thank you for the responses.

> It's just an IR repeating system and Rotel NA said there are several third-party companies that have keypads that will work.

I tried looking for something similar but got a bit lost (e.g. Xantech IR stuff seems to be close, but it is more installers oriented; also there are lots of prprietary systems). Does anyone use Rotel gear in multiroom setup? If yes, how do you control it remotely?

> I guess it depends where you are, but I am 100% sure you can buy it in Europe. Have you tried contacting ROTEL about it. I am sure they can tell you where you should be able to buy it.

I took a word of my dealer. Just tried asking Rotel directly, let's see what they say. Still I haven't found anything in internet (neither in some store nor on eBay). It would be great if you share a link.

Comment

• Kevin D
          Ultra Senior Member
          • Oct 2002

Originally posted by Linki
          I guess it depends where you are, but I am 100% sure you can buy it in Europe. Have you tried contacting ROTEL about it. I am sure they can tell you where you should be able to buy it.

And as a reply to Kevin, I don't think they are discontinuing them as they kept this feature on all the 15 series AV products...
          Per the email:

Dear Kevin,

This is to inform you that we are nearing the end of our inventory on the Rotel KP-200 keypad. We will no longer offer a keypad in the Rotel line, but our multi-zone units are compatible with a wide variety of 3rd party keypads.
          Kevin D.

Comment

Working...
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"