X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BassThatHz
    • Jul 2006

Bought an RB-1091

I am currently powering my center channel (which is an N803) with two channels from an RMB-1075; the RB-1091 will now power the mid and tweeter.

I have another brand of Digital amp which is 1300watts that will power the woofers. I already know I like the results of that, in comparison to the one channel of the RMB-1075 doing the same task.

Just waiting for a tracking number.
    I will write up a comparision of my thoughts when it gets here.
    I haven't heard any of the Digital Rotels yet, bought it blindy.

If the results are good I will look into getting an RB-1092 for the left and right speakers. So essentially each speaker will get two monoblocks; forming a total available power level of 6900 watts.

So anyone know which is better at mid/tweeter powering tasks... the 1075 or 1091? Or anyone who has done an upgrade to the digitals, their thoughts on the mid/upper range performance vs non-digital rotel's?
  • mjb
    Super Senior Member
    • Mar 2005

I 'upgraded' to a 1092/1091 combo for my front three, and was extremely pleased with the result - I went from a 1075 to a 1077 to a 1092/1091. The newer amps have virtually unlimited power, and much more mid-range presence. Many people here still question Rotels digital amps, so I will be interested to see how this thread develops and to read your upcoming review!
    - Mike

Main System:
    B&W 802D, HTM2D, SCMS
    Classé SSP-800, CA-2200, CA-5100

Comment

• style
      Super Senior Member
      • Feb 2006

In the past I had the RB1091 and Rb1092 (the first was 1075).

The RB1091 for the center, the RB1092 L&R and was another RB1092 for the rear...
      All with B&W speaker serie 8 Diamond
      (with a speaker "hot" + powerampli digital - neutral / cold + hot cables = success :T make a good choice from what you go buy every piece is important to make a great system.

The Rotel D serie is a great ampli in performance & price :T
      I agree with mjb:
      The newer amps have virtually unlimited power, and much more mid-range presence.
      I friend say my that the RB1072 (2x100w Digital) is more warm in sound vs. the Rb1091/92 but I dont have never listen the RB1072...
      But well, is always the same digital "source", I dont no if the RB1072 can be more hot!

With the RB1091 for the center you will be sure happy. good choice.

New 15 Rotels serie: 2x250w or 5x250... :cry: the twins RB1091/92 was and is a great ampli :T `
      Another Brands (like BelCanto or JeffRowland) working with this digital technology and many years with success....
      Can pleasure as no: personal choice....
      What is sure with the Rotels RB1091-1092 you can drive all speaker..

greetings Omar

Comment

• jcawdell
        • Nov 2008

Hi
        Have just installed rmb 1085 in home theater and have replaced my rb 1092 with it for the fronts. I found it to be warmer and more detailed, and maybe lacking a bit in the mid range, but generally more musical then the 1092. My front end is rsp 1069 with krix nuephonix speakers.
        Rotel RSP-1069
        Rotel RMB-1085
        Rotel RB-1092
        Rotel RMB-1048
        Rotel RA-1062
        Cambridge Audio DVD99
        Krix Nuephonics front
        Krix Centrix Center
        Polk audio RTi 15 rears
        B&W AS6 SubHTPC
        B&W 685
        Infocus IN72 and 106" Screen

Comment

• Mikael
          • Aug 2007

Hallo

I recently changed over to class D also,I had the RB 1090 and first I tried a set of RB1091,but I thought they where to controled for my taste,than I got hold of the RB1072 and fell in love with the sound immediately. and I also find the new ICEpower units used in the RB1072,1085 and 1076 to have a more warm and musical sound than the uints used in the RB1091/92.

Comment

• BassThatHz
            • Jul 2006

There was a shipping delay with the seller, I just got the tracking number today.

As far as I know, I like a dynamic and transparent sound, a controlled/dry sound?

If the specs are to be even remotely trusted, then I don't really follow how those other amps 85/72 etc can be better sounding than the 91/92 when the engineering numbers state: Twice the damping factor, 5x more power at a tenth the distortion with 13-9db better Noise Ratio... aren't those big differences?

Comment

• mjb
              Super Senior Member
              • Mar 2005

You've got to listen to it and make your own mind up - to be honest, specs don't reveal very much about an amp, and nothing about how it sounds to you, with your speakers, in your listening room.
              - Mike

Main System:
              B&W 802D, HTM2D, SCMS
              Classé SSP-800, CA-2200, CA-5100

Comment

• Mikael
                • Aug 2007

More watts and a higher damping factor doesn't mean a better sound,it is just an indication of how loud you can play and how much control your amp have of the speaker.The RB1091/92 may be 5 times the wattage compared to the RB 1072,but the fact is that the RB 1072 has more amps than the the RB 1091/92. (RB1072 has 11amps for only 100 watts and the RB1091/92 has only 40 amps for 500 watts).It is the amps of an amp that makes up the real power of an amp and it's ability to drive a speaker.

Comment

• BassThatHz
                  • Jul 2006

I'll have the amp by tomorrow night and probably post a review sunday or monday.

I'm gonna have a hard time sleeping tonight

Comment

• BassThatHz
                    • Jul 2006

I'm not at home right now, but I did have a chance to quickly put on and skip through maybe 5 or 6 songs.

Here is a quick teaser/synopsis to my upcoming review:

In a matter of seconds I could instantly tell that it was better than the RMB-1075, or for that matter the RB-1080 and RMB-1095 that I recalled hearing in the past (and the unit hasn't even been broken in yet). :E

I am seriously impress with this amp, dare I compare it to Classe?

I haven't listened to it enough to start talking in detail yet, or to even get to know its capabilities properly, but at first glance it sounds MUCH less harsh and more powerful than my RMB-1075 by FAR; a total other league of sound.

I can see a matching RB-1092 in my near future.

I was really skeptical of this new "digital" switching technology, but I am now a believer that this ICE design has the right stuff.

Can't wait to hear a couple thousand songs through this thing to get to know its sonics better. :T

Comment

Working...
                    Searching...Please wait.
                    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                    There are no results that meet this criteria.
                    Search Result for "|||"