• Feb 2006

Upgrade options to RB-1092 and 1091?

Hallo,

I go change my electronic
    at this moment Rsp1068 - RB1092 (mains-B&W803S) - Rmb1075 (center Htm4,
    rear 703) - 750sub.

update with:
    a.) 3x RB1091 + 1xRB1092 --> 1091 center & mains - 1092 rear
    b.) 3x RB1092 --> mains, center and rear / so I have 1 channel more for eventuel 6.1

Please you opinion.
    Greeting from Switzerland
    Omar
  • style
    Super Senior Member
    • Feb 2006

SET Rotel

Sorry

Nobody has an opinion?

(with my dealer I have a credit and repris from the 1075 for total $1650)

Omar

Comment

• Aussie Geoff
      Super Senior Member
      • Oct 2003

Hi,

I have changed your thread title "SET Rotel" was too general to get informed replies... Also you need to be patient.. Allow a fiew days..

Geoff

Comment

• miner
        • Mar 2005

I updated my RB-1070 to the RB-1092 - very happy. I found that mixing the 'Class D' with the analogue Class A/B did not bode well for my tastes. Since you currently have 1 RB-1092 I would get anothe RB-192 for the rears and a RB-1091 for the center. I can not see much improvement of a 5.1 vs 6.1 or 7.1 but then again HT is not my choice of audio pleasures - still using TV speakers to listen to broadcasts. For my 2-channel if I had to do over again I may have gotten 2 RB-1091 instead of the RB-1092 just because monoblocks look so cool (plus I would have placed them next to the speakers).

Comment

• jayhawk75
          • Apr 2006

Originally posted by style
          Sorry

Nobody has an opinion?

(with my dealer I have a credit and repris from the 1075 for total $1650)

Omar
          2- 1092 and 1 1091 and spend rest on 2 subs giving 5.2 not much to improve on from there. i am using that with my system.

Comment

• BassThatHz
            • Jul 2006

If I were in your shoes I would sell the HTM4 and 750.
            Bi-Amp the 703's with the RMB1075.

Then buy an RB1091 to power a used HTM1 or HTM3S;
            and finally add an ASW855, Velodyne HGS-15X or DD-15.
            Upgrade the RSP1068 with the newer version when it gets released.

If you want you could keep the HTM4 and use it as a rear center channel, powering it with the fifth channel of the RMB1075. If you don't like how it sounds there you could, sell it and the RMB1075 and power the 703's with a RB1092 (or get two RB1091's for the front and move the RB1092 to the back).

This would give you much better sound for the money and not litter the room with more than three amps.

If you upgrade the 803S to 802D in the future, you could sell the 703's, HTM4 and RMB1075. Then put the 804S in the back, powered with the RB1092 and power the 802D's with a Classe Omega Mono. :lol:

Comment

• style
              Super Senior Member
              • Feb 2006

update RB1092 & 1091

Hallo,

I have buyed the RB1092 & RB1091, the RMB1075 I have retourned.
              At this moment I have 2x RB1092 and 1x RB1091
              (BW803S mains, 703rear, Htm7 and I wait a htm3 - 750sub)
              For sub I think is not so important to have a serie 8 sub. extra money for update from 750 to 825 don't pay. Better another sub .....
              -----------
              Upgrade the RSP1068 with the newer version when it gets released --> Right's akkord.

Greeting from Switzerland Omar

Comment

• miner
                • Mar 2005

Nice setup Omar....I saw a used ASW800 (demo model) on Audiogon for $1100. I have that sub I use with my N804 and it does sound fantastic. Post pics of your system if you can.

Comment

• style
                  Super Senior Member
                  • Feb 2006

@miner,

OK, the serie 8 subwoofer I think is not so important like a speakers
                  (center&mains...) = --> if I have a sub 855 and a serie 7 in front is
                  better have a serie 8 in front and a 750 sub OR?? (hey sub B&W sub I like more as Velodyne personaly opinion) )
                  At the moment with my 750 with a test frequensquydisc my livingroom
                  it shakes like with an earthquake :E , in this sector a Velodyne SMS1 to set the sub will be not bad......

The center up the RB1091 is not the best solution, what do yuo think?
                  The tweeter of the center and mains must be to the same height (theory)
                  Or? Do you have good resultad with center up the plasma?

I go send a photo from my setting

Thanks Omar

Comment

Working...
                  Searching...Please wait.
                  An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                  An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                  An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                  There are no results that meet this criteria.
                  Search Result for "|||"