X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Comsat
    • May 2008

Rotel RA-810a info sought

Hello,

I have recently obtained an RA-810a amp without documentation, and I'm looking to get more info on it. Unfortunately, it is not listed on the Rotel website. It is not to be confused with the 810 from the seventies. The 810a resembles the 820b, and I believe its from the late eighties.

Any info is welcome. Thank you in advance.

Regards,

Comsat
  • bigburner
    Super Senior Member
    • May 2005

Hi Comsat,

Download Rotel RA810A_RA820A servicemanual ✅ Audio equipment,digital audio, home audio, professional audio systems service manuals and repair information

Make Google your friend grasshopper.

Nigel.

Comment

• dmcgowan
      • Sep 2003

Hey Comsat,

The Rotel website has them all archived back to the 800 series:

Including yours...

Comment

• Comsat
        • May 2008

Thanks bigburner, I had just found that manual myself a few minutes ago, but thanks anyway.

Now, there's something odd about this amp. When I plug in a headphone the speaker outputs are not killed. Also, from the schematic I seem to deduct that there is no relais for this in the headphone terminal. So it's a feature, not a bug but what on earth is the purpose of a headphone socket if you can't listen in private?

Comment

• Comsat
          • May 2008

That's the old 810, not the 810a which is an entirely different model. Unfortunately for some mysterious reason the 810a is not listed.

Thanks anyway dmcgowan.

So now I have a technical manual, but no user manual yet. I wonder if that would teach me how to kill the speakers when I plugin a headphone....

I am a newcomer here and I really like the prompt and useful reactions :T

Comsat

Originally posted by dmcgowan
          Hey Comsat,

The Rotel website has them all archived back to the 800 series:

Including yours...
          http://www.rotel.com/content/manuals...ved/ra-810.pdf

Comment

• dmcgowan
            • Sep 2003

Comsat,

There is a manual for the RA820B listed on the page - not sure if that is what you want?

Comment

• Comsat
              • May 2008

Originally posted by dmcgowan
              Comsat,

There is a manual for the RA820B listed on the page - not sure if that is what you want?
              Well, it's quite similar to my machine at least, but then again it's not an 810. Thanks anyway, I think that will be as close as I can get.

Comment

Working...
              Searching...Please wait.
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
              There are no results that meet this criteria.
              Search Result for "|||"