Tangible gain - combine new Amp with 1067?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SDSmith
    • Apr 2006

Tangible gain - combine new Amp with 1067?

Hello. I currently have B&W 804s & an HTM4S up front (and some non-descript surround speakers). They are driven by my Rotel 1067 and I am starting to think about an upgrade path. One option I was considering was adding a 3 channel amp (new or used) such as a Bryston 9BSST or a Classe CA-3200 and continue to use the 1067 as a processor (and to drive surrounds) for the time being so I can stage my expenditures. Was curious if folks thought I'd hear a tangible improvement from upgrading the amp while continuing to use the 1067 or am I better off just waiting to upgrade to separates in one step? Thanks.

Stephen
  • hifiguymi
    Super Senior Member
    • Mar 2007

Oh yes you would hear a difference. Both of those amps would be a big improvement over what is in the Rotel receiver. If possible you should listen to each of them to see what would be a better match for your tastes with those speakers. I think it's a smart upgrade as well. If you don't have the money to jump in with both feet into separates your plan will work great.

Eric

Comment

• cfrizz
      • Apr 2006

Yes you will definately see an improvement.

However, even though it will be more expensive I think you should get a 5-7 channel amp & be done with that particular upgrade once & for all. That way all you will have to worry about is getting a prepro later on down the line.

I would definately look on Audiogon for the amp, since those very rarely change & last for years. And you would get more bang for your buck that way.
      Cathy
      ---------
      Sunfire TGP III, Sunfire Cinema Grande 405wpc 5 channel Amplifier, :B Rotel RCD-1072 CDP, Onkyo TA2600 Tape Deck, Pioneer Elite 47-A DVD, Sony 32" XBR TV, Sony PS-454 Turntable, Polk RTA-8T Main Speakers, Boston 920 Center Channel, Boston PV600 Sub Woofer, Polk FXi-3 Surround Speakers

Comment

Working...
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"