X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bigbobsbbs
    • Mar 2008

Harman to Rotel

Hi Guys,

I'm new here and I'm excited to hear some recommendation from you guys..

Right now I'm only using Harman AVR 145 (without HDMI) and Bose AMIV

I'm planning to upgrade my Receiver from Harman to Rotel (with HDMI)

Any recommendation what Rotel Model should I buy?

Thank you...

Bobs
  • mike c
    • Dec 2005

do any of the Rotels process audio through HDMI?

Comment

• rick c
      • Aug 2004

If new the rotel rsx1058 is the newest model.I would do a search here to see what is said about the 1058 b4 you purchase.

Comment

• rick c
        • Aug 2004

Originally posted by mike c
        do any of the Rotels process audio through HDMI?
        My understanding the rsx1058, only if the specific player decodes.But there have been issues with the 1058 and hdmi.It's here somewhere you'll have to do a search to see what they are.

Comment

• bigbobsbbs
          • Mar 2008

Originally posted by rick c
          My understanding the rsx1058, only if the specific player decodes.But there have been issues with the 1058 and hdmi.It's here somewhere you'll have to do a search to see what they are.
          Right now I can't understand what you mean but I'm interested to learn all of that...

My expectation before is just to plug and play the receiver and thats it

I'm browsing the setup of our members.. its AMAZING... for me just to buy the receiver maybe I really need to think about it twice because its very expensive for me...

I want to invest 1 by 1 so maybe i'll start witht he receiver...

the website of Rotel is very slow.. i didn't why so I cannot read any of their documentation..

thanks for the time to reply...

bobs

Comment

• shadow 8
            • Aug 2004

Suggest you read the threads here on the 1069 preamp since the scaler and HDMI issues apply to the receiver too. My take: I would not buy one now until these issues have been successfully dealt with.

Comment

• rick c
              • Aug 2004

Originally posted by shadow 8
              Suggest you read the threads here on the 1069 preamp since the scaler and HDMI issues apply to the receiver too. My take: I would not buy one now until these issues have been successfully dealt with.
              Totally aggree!
              as a side note this is one of the reasons i'm jumping ship from rsx1056 to a marantz sr8002.I really want to take advanage of the new hdmi audio among other things that rotel does not provide.I've enjoyed the 1056 alot but it seems there is always a minor issue with the equipment.It seems a firmware fix is always the answer except with the 1058 inwhich a firmware supposedly wont fix the issues it's having.It's annoying and irritating.I've lived with these minor issues enough.The SQ is top notch but i've had it.I've had several marantz recievers and i'm going back.
              P.S. I hope i dont upset anyone,i know we have dedicated rotel affectionados
              here and i was one myself..

Comment

• bigbobsbbs
                • Mar 2008

Originally posted by shadow 8
                Amazing information... thank you very much... good thing that I ask first before buying some equipment....

Comment

• bigbobsbbs
                  • Mar 2008

Originally posted by rick c
                  Totally aggree!
                  as a side note this is one of the reasons i'm jumping ship from rsx1056 to a marantz sr8002.I really want to take advanage of the new hdmi audio among other things that rotel does not provide.I've enjoyed the 1056 alot but it seems there is always a minor issue with the equipment.It seems a firmware fix is always the answer except with the 1058 inwhich a firmware supposedly wont fix the issues it's having.It's annoying and irritating.I've lived with these minor issues enough.The SQ is top notch but i've had it.I've had several marantz recievers and i'm going back.
                  P.S. I hope i dont upset anyone,i know we have dedicated rotel affectionados
                  here and i was one myself..
                  Thanks for the reply...

Comment

Working...
                  Searching...Please wait.
                  An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                  An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                  An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                  There are no results that meet this criteria.
                  Search Result for "|||"