X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dthree
    • Feb 2007

RSX-1056 and sub thump

I just put a new sub in and I am noticing a pop or thump through the sub that sounds like I am powering on the receiver after the amp. However, this is happening when switching surround modes and inputs. Receiver volume and receiver sub level have no effect on the loudness of the pop, but adjusting the sub's own gain does. The manual says pops and clicks like this are not damaging but I am a bit sceptical. Has anyone experienced this before? Its a 10" powered sub connected with a single RCA cable. Nothing else is connected to the sub except power.
  • dthree
    • Feb 2007

Does it help to mention it's a dayton SUB-100?

Comment

• Kevin D
      Ultra Senior Member
      • Oct 2002

Is the sub plugged into a different outlet then the rest of the system? Might be a ground issue.

Kevin D.

Comment

• dthree
        • Feb 2007

They are currently both plugged into separate channels of a PureAV PF60. I suspect that this unit is faulty, however, so I think I will try a standard outlet strip just to test. I am getting the PF60 replaced as soon as Belkin gets a replacement back in stock.

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"