Broken Remote. How can I turn on the unit?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • fletcher32
    • Jan 2004

Broken Remote. How can I turn on the unit?

Hi,

model is RSP-1066; is possible to turn it on without remote control?

Thanks
  • Stevebez
    • Oct 2003

Yep pushing the button on the front panel normally does it ... you may need to toggle twice it if you have it set to go to stand by on power.

Comment

• Kevin D
      Ultra Senior Member
      • Oct 2002

Won't it come on by hitting one of the input buttons as well?

Kevin D.

Comment

• fletcher32
        • Jan 2004

Stevebez, I´ve pushed the power button on the front panel a few times, but it doesn´t turn it on.

Kevin D, the only front panel input button that turns the unit on (I mean that turns on the led panel) is "Zone 2", but then you cannot activate any input.

Any other ideas, ie universal remotes like Pronto?

Comment

• gruss
          • Sep 2007

Check the logitech/harmony website, they have a pretty extensive code list. Might have it built in, I could check when I get home to see if the codes are out there.

Comment

• hifiguymi
            Super Senior Member
            • Mar 2007

It doesn't sound like the remote is the issue. If you can't turn it on with pressing the front panel power button or pressing one of the input buttons it sounds like there might be something wrong with the preamp. Cycle the power on and off by unpluggnig it for a few minuets and plugging it back in. If that doesn't fix it, I'd have you dealer look at it.

Eric

Comment

• Eiffel
              • Aug 2003

fletcher,

I have a RSX-1055 which is based on the same circuitry as your RSP-1066, and can confirm that the behavior of your unit is normal (depending on how the device is configured, the power switch may toggle between power off and standby which is most annoying, and only the zone key works, but you can't turn the main zone on with it!..).

Some universal remotes (Pronto, etc.) have codes for your processor. Another alternative is to connect your processor to a PC via its serial cable (it's actually quite a fun thing to do if you are PC literate).

Good luck

Comment

• gruss
                • Sep 2007

Looks like the Harmony remotes have codes for your model. I only had to teach mine a couple buttons when I got the rsx 1067 but all the major things like Power and inputs and such worked just fine "out of the box".
                Remote works pretty well too, so it wouldnt be a waste o $. I've just got the harmony 676 and it does everything I need it to do.

Comment

• fletcher32
                  • Jan 2004

I´ve bought a Logitech Harmony 885 remote and it works fine with my Rotel; any suggestions about another model o brand?.

Thanks to everyone.

Comment

Working...
                  Searching...Please wait.
                  An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                  An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                  An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                  There are no results that meet this criteria.
                  Search Result for "|||"