X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • tatsujin
    • Sep 2007

Average Price of Used Rotel Gear?

Hello, brand new to the board, thinking of buying used Rotel from a friend of a friend... I have never bought used before and I am trying to get an idea on a fair price range for used equipment.

I understand that the equipment is just about a year old. It looks to be in near perfect condition. The three pieces I am thinking about are:

RSP-1068
    RMB-1095
    RDV-1092

He has boxes etc...

What is a reasonable price range? 50% of new 70% of new, etc... ?

Thanks!
  • crowland
    • May 2007

audiogon.com is a pretty good resource. Most of that stuff is there now.

Comment

• tatsujin
      • Sep 2007

Thanks I am waiting for my new ID at AudiogoN

A was just looking for an established standard...McIntosh sells for 20-30 % off, Entry Japanese sells for 60-70% off... just trying to see where Rotel fits.

Comment

• shadow 8
        • Aug 2004

To what end? Telling a seller that he must sell you Rotel at 70% of list price because that is the going rate is a waste of time. He will sell it at the price that is offered by potential buyers or he will hold on to it and list it another day. As noted earlier, there is plenty of sale info on Audiogon and ebay if you are looking for a figure to make an offer to buy.

Comment

• zmanbands
          • May 2007

Audiogon CURRENT info for you.

A rmb 1095[list $2000] just sold for $1200. A rdv 1092 list $1499] just sold for $999. No rsp 1068's listed.

Comment

• Kevin D
            Ultra Senior Member
            • Oct 2002

Current models can bring 60-70% of original retail. Older models are usually 40-50% of retail.

Kevin D.

Comment

• Blindamood
              • Sep 2003

Actually, you have no idea what the pieces are sold for on audiogon...only what they were listed for. However, I've noticed that Kevin D. seems to be right on re: 60-70% of msrp for the current models. I've seen the RSP-1068 listed recently in the $1100 range.

If you're buying from someone local, you should be able to negotiate a bit lower since there is no shipping or PayPal cost involved.
              Brad

Comment

• zmanbands
                • May 2007

What is the least he will sell for.

I have asked sellers often, what is the least they will sell for? His answer would be getting much more real world for you. The fact that there is no boxing packing shipping for the seller and you are buying "ALL THREE" should get a great price for you.

Comment

• Azeke
                  Super Senior Member
                  • Mar 2003

I concur, you should negotiate a three piece deal if possible. Rotel is like Lexus, it retains its value. Audiogon should provide a good frame of reference for you, also check Videogon, they had a RSP-1068 listed there for $1150.00. Just remember everything is negotiable. I would offer $2500.00 cash for all three pieces, (remember you need to have the cash in your hand, so he/she can see it, money talks). Good luck and keep us posted.

Peace and blessings,

Azeke

Comment

• tatsujin
                    • Sep 2007

Thanks!

This is just the kind of feedback I was looking for. I had not even thought of the value he is getting by not having to box and ship.

This gives me an idea what to offer this guy up front and we can negotiate from there.

Thanks! :T

Comment

• zmanbands
                      • May 2007

The final price.

It's great on your part to determine the price you want to pay. If you keep this price to yourself and ask "FIRST" what is the lowest price he will take it may be LOWER than the price you came up with. If his price
                      is higher than your determined price "THEN", negotiate. He may pleasantly surprise you with his lowest price. Anyway that's how I would do it.

Comment

• dvdchance
                        • Oct 2004

So how did this turn out?? Are you enjoying your new toys.

Comment

Working...
                        Searching...Please wait.
                        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                        There are no results that meet this criteria.
                        Search Result for "|||"