X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • zmanbands
    • May 2007

Average Price for Used Jazz and Classical LP's

What is the average price for used jazz and classical LP's in "EXCELLENT", condition? What would a rather high and low price be for one?
  • cinema bob
    • Apr 2005

Its hard to say as every album will be different and some could be far more valuable than others. I was able to get two dave brubeck albums from a local second hand store for a buck each the jackets are a little faded but the albums themselves are in fantastic shape.

Comment

• Glen B
      Super Senior Member
      • Jul 2004

As Bob indicated, prices can vary by anything from a buck to several hundred dollars for very rare albums, although I have never seen top grade vinyl sell for $1.00 at any of the dealers I buy from. I've seen prices typically start between $8.00 - $20.00 for grades of M, M- or VG++ (what I believe you are calling "excellent"). While grading systems will vary slightly among used vinyl dealers, the majority come close to the system listed below. Some dealers don't use grades of M and M-. Grades below VG are not worth purchasing by the serious collector concerned with sound quality.
      • S (sealed) never played.
      • M (mint) opened but probably never played; pristine condition.
      • M- (mint minus) similar to M; very light play or probably never played; pristine condition.
      • VG++ (very good ++) very minor evidence of wear, very minor surface noise.
      • VG (very good) significant wear and surface noise.

Comment

Working...
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"