X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • farbs
    • Jun 2004

Compuetr Noise?

Hi Guys,
    haven't posted for a long time so excuse the absense.
    Anyway I hope this is in the right thread.
    I have a RSX 1056 and I have recently been getting into Home Automation.
    I am using Girder and net remote. Now the problem is My amp is quite noisy since plugging in the RS232 cable. One end in my computer and the other obviously in the amp. I have used the cable that was supplied with the amp.
    It is just a general type of low hum hissing sound. (Technical term ) Does anyone have any ideas how this sound can be erradicated?
  • Kevin D
    Ultra Senior Member
    • Oct 2002

If you can remove the cable and the noise goes away, then you're introducing some ground issues in there. Aside from the usual ground loop checks, the only for-sure thing I can recommend is an opto isolation box.

They can be had in the US from $100 to $200. It converts the RS232 signals into light pulses and then back in to electrical signals, basically removing the physical connection between the computer and Rotel.

Kevin D.

Comment

• farbs
      • Jun 2004

Thanks, I was hoping to get away with it a little cheaper, but Ill check them out. Any Ideas where to purchase from?

Comment

• Kevin D
        Ultra Senior Member
        • Oct 2002

I usually get them from blackbox.com, but you might be able to find one local here: http://www.rsaustralia.com

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"