X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • unclemick
    • May 2007

Remote codes...

So I got my RSX1057 and started setting up the remote. I can't seem to locate a remote code that will control my DirecTV sat. box. I've looked in the codes that it came with...they have one listed for Hughes which doesn't work. Then I tried to make the remote learn, no dice. It says "OK" after the process, but doesn't control the set top. One of the big reasons I bought the receiver was for integration...and now I can't get it to work.

Any ideas at all? Anyone have success controlling a DTV box. I have the H20 and the HR20... Any help at all would be appreciated.

M.
  • Kevin D
    Ultra Senior Member
    • Oct 2002

If they are set to RF mode, they will only work with the DTV remote. You would have to change it back to IR mode in the setup menu of the receiver.

Otherwise, some variations on the learning technique might work. The new directv codes can be a pain sometimes. Some tricks to try.

Vary the distance from remote to remote.
    Trying quickly hitting the button, and then increasing the hold times if that doesn't work.
    Turn off any bright/fluorescent lights while learning.
    Try learning by shooting through a piece of paper.

Kevin D.

Comment

• unclemick
      • May 2007

Thanks...I'll try those things. It's def. set to IR mode. While on topic, what universal remotes work best with Rotel Receivers? Any recommendations?

Thanks

Comment

• hifiguymi
        Super Senior Member
        • Mar 2007

As much as I love Rotel gear, I really dislike their remotes. They are light years better than they used to be, but the don't do a very good job of learning from other remotes. We use remotes from Universal Remote here at my store. Some people on the forum like Harmony remotes as well. The one thing to keep in mind with the Harmony remotes you have to be online to do any programming. For some people that can be a pain. The Philips Pronto line is nice as well.

Eric

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"