X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • paazel
    • Apr 2007

Crossover Settings Rotel RSX-972

Hello:
    I have an Rotel RSX-972, B&W 602s2 (front), LCR-6s2 (center), 601s2 (surround), and a Velodyne SPL-1000 (sub).

I have the speakers set to Large, and am wondering what frequency that crosses over at. I'm asking as to properly adjust the crossover frequency for my subwoofer.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Additionally, one of my surrounds was damaged (not able to be fixed), and so I purchased a used pair off of ebay. One of the speakers from ebay works well & is in good shape, the other works well, but the cabinet corners have seen better days. Is it better to keep (a) 2 speakers in good condition, or (b) 2 speakers with consecutive serial numbers, where one is dinged up? I have no need for 3 speakers, so one will be posted for sale. I am leaning towards (a).
  • Kevin D
    Ultra Senior Member
    • Oct 2002

With speakers set to large there is no crossover applied. None of your speakers really have the range needed for the large setting, so I would change it to small. The crossover will be fixed (probably 80 or 100hz)

As far as your speakers, keep the two best looking ones.

Kevin D.

Comment

• paazel
      • Apr 2007

thank you for your advice kevin. i'll change my settings on the receiver & play with the sub somewhere in that range & see what sounds best.

if anyone knows for sure what the exact frequency is, that info would be welcomed.

Comment

• bung99
        • Nov 2005

TECHNICAL

What is the processor used in the RSX 972?
        The RSX 972 utilizes a Cirrus Logic Crystal CS4926 for its processing and Dolby Digital / dts decoding.

What DACs and ADCs are used?
        The RSX 972’s DACs are the Ashai Kasei AKM4324, and the AKM 5351 ADCs.

What is the crossover point for the Subwoofer output and for Small speakers?
        The crossover point is set at 100Hz.

What is the maximum bandwidth of the component video inputs?
        The bandwidth of the RSX 972’s component video inputs is 10MHz.

This is off the Rotel Site

hope it Helps

Comment

• paazel
          • Apr 2007

Helps a lot! Thanks Bung.

Comment

Working...
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"