• Blindamood
    • Sep 2003

Rotel RSX-1057 Review

Just ran across this review, on the Ultimate AV web site:

Rotel RSX-1057
    Brad
  • Elvis
    • Jan 2005

Thanks for posting,for some reason I was left thinking that the reviewer didn't know very much about the 1057.

Comment

• Kevin D
      Ultra Senior Member
      • Oct 2002

Originally posted by Elvis
      Thanks for posting,for some reason I was left thinking that the reviewer didn't know very much about the 1057.
      Agreed. To glaring problems:

"There are two HDMI inputs (version 1.1, which means multichannel PCM from Blu-ray and HD DVD players is a go), "

The HDMI ports are video switching only, you'll never get audio from them. He also seemed to ignore the fact it has 2 audio only inputs, plugging his IPOD into video5 and commenting how he was running out of inputs.

Kevin D.

Comment

• fordster
        • Feb 2005

I'd have to agree, it read like he'd spent next to no time getting familiar with the system and then complained it didn't sound like the one he normally used. Not a very professional review really.
        Dave

Comment

• gianni
          • Nov 2002

Evaluate the 1057 with Martin Logans? Even by his own admission, this is a poor pairing. I have no reason to come to the 1057's rescue, but I have to say that this review just seems poorly planned and executed.

Comment

• apodaca
            • Jun 2006

I for one liked the way it tested. The Rotel is all muscle though clearly not enough for martin logans - its certainly up to the task of most mainstream speakers out there (90%).

Comment

Working...
            Searching...Please wait.
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
            There are no results that meet this criteria.
            Search Result for "|||"